Odd buyer???

Level 1
Has anyone received an offer from someone that asked to text.then that person claimed to have their company mail a certified check with extra money ??? Just seems odd
9 REPLIES 9
Community Helper
Sounds like a scam. I wouldn't do business with this person.
Level 9
This is a common scam.

Don't accept it.

Report the user.

They generally ask for a phone number or email and give you false hopes.

Be warned, they may try to give you a sob story or say they'll "pay you more" to get your guard down.
Highlighted
Level 9

, I have this happen tome. He also wanted me to mail him what I was selling. Offered to pay for everything and add a little more for my troubles. Didn’t do business with him. I did block him but didn’t report him. I know I should of. If it ever happens again I’ll report the person. Lucky for me I read the post and saw this posted many times. 

Community Helper
@Jones68 the only way to block a user on Offerup is to report him.
Level 9

@aidenholley I blocked and I did see where it asked if I wanted to make a report. This was some time ago. I believe I just said he was inappropriate. I should of said more and I didn’t . I was just glad I didn’t fall for it. That will never happen again.

Community Helper
Just saying you HAVE to make a report before you get to the block screen.
Level 9

@aidenholley Yes you are right. I didn’t go into a lot of detail. I just said he was inappropriate. I should of went into detail but I didn’t. That will not happen again.

Level 9

@aidenholley It was over a year ago. It never happened again. But thanks for the forums I didn’t go for it. 

Level 9

@aidenholley I went looking for blocked users. I did read it on OfferUp but It happened on letgo. I had to find it after talking to you. Thank you. Now I know where it happened. I almost went for it.