Offer Up is a easy place for thieves to sell stolen merchandise!stolen mer

SOLVED
Level 1
I work at a local sewing and vacuum store and we have problems with criminals doing a dash and grab of our vacuum cleaners. When it happened again last week, I looked it up on Offer Up and sure enough, there it was posted under "Dolfin" and another seller named "the Vacuum Lady" Same vacuums, and they had 94 things for sale, mostly new vacuums and kitchen aid mixers. So, we called Tacoma police and if course, they did NOTHING. There has to be thousands of dollars of stolen merchandise on their posts because they know they can get away with it! What kind of world do we live in where there is no consequences for crime anymore?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Level 9

@Lynmarie did you know when you click on an item in the feed that your interested in, it takes you to an information page for that item. There's an Area that  has 4 options, make offer, ect. One of those is a report option. If you push that it will take you to a page that will inquire of you as to why you wish to report the seller. Well one of the choices is this item is stolen. If you mark that , then OU with check out your claim and if its true they will remove that item, and likely take action against the seller!

4 REPLIES 4
Level 9

@Lynmarie did you know when you click on an item in the feed that your interested in, it takes you to an information page for that item. There's an Area that  has 4 options, make offer, ect. One of those is a report option. If you push that it will take you to a page that will inquire of you as to why you wish to report the seller. Well one of the choices is this item is stolen. If you mark that , then OU with check out your claim and if its true they will remove that item, and likely take action against the seller!

Level 1
Thank you, I did reported after your post. I hope its confidential because I fear for my safety and privacy. This is probably a huge crime ring and it could be dangerous to get involved.
Level 9

@Lynmarie yes it is ! Thank you for standing up!

Level 1
Yes, here too! Thieves are stealing meat at local grocery does here in Seattle's U-District in order to sell to local cafes and restaurants.