OfferUp App and Offer Community

Level 1

Why is the offerup community separate from the offerup selling site itself.  For example, I had to signup here (community) with a user name different than the selling site itself.  Plus I am getting a lot of views, but as always, low ballers, and messages do not alert sound through my android, so I am sitting here with my email open and offerup signed in and open also.

Community user Jenny2018 - offerup user Jenny Pompano)  - why cant they both be the same instead navigating of the offerup site completely?

Anyways, thank you for having me on board - Hey Folks, nice to meet all of you :0)

9 REPLIES 9
Level 9

@Jenny2018

Reason for separation: OfferUp does not want people to advertise/solicit/market their items on the forum, which is why the profiles from the app and the forum are not linked. Otherwise, it just becomes an extension of the app,

The forum is a place to share ideas and info in regards to the app itself.

Community Manager

@Jenny2018 Lapua got this answered for ya! It's also for privacy reasons. If you feel comfortable privately sending someone a link to your account, that's allowed, but posting any identifiable information (aside from a profile pic) isn't allowed.

Level 1

OK got it, saw both responses and understand, just thought it would be simplier for logging in at both places instead of having to remember so many logging details. For i.e. log in to offerup and it would sign you auto to community also and not have 2 different sites.

Level 9

hi @Jenny2018,,,,,,,,,do you drink coffee,,,,,,,,,,,,,i love coffee.

Level 1

Think the link problem got resolved - doing a happy dance LOL

Community Manager

@0317 wrote:

hi @Jenny2018,,,,,,,,,do you drink coffee,,,,,,,,,,,,,i love coffee.

@0317 Please keep threads on topic... This is something you've been warned about several times.

Highlighted
Level 9

Wow,,,,,,,,this thread is under ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,MEET YOUR NEIGHBORS,,,,,, and is titled offerup app and  offerup community,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,i dont know what kind of neighbors you have or what kind of community you live in ,,,,,,,,,,,but where im at,,,,,,,,,coffee is an important in the NEIGHBORHOOD,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,and you should know that,,,,,,,washington state is all about coffee,,,,,,,,,I dont believe my comment was off topic

Community Manager

This thread has absolutely nothing to do with coffee, @0317

Community Helper
Great to meet you and welcome to the community forum!!