OfferUps lack of support with truyou

SOLVED
Highlighted
Level 3
I stated offerup a few months ago browsing different listings an all the sudden I am told > need identify myself so I go ahead and give my google acct, email, and phone number.

Then I am told I need my government papers now keep in mind I am not selling any high risk item's, i am not even buying any high risk item's all I am doing is communicating with sellers!

So I contact support who proceeds to tell me it's for my own good, and to trust us, and its no big deal and so on blah blah blah.

I kindly ask for then to remove the block on my acct and allow me to continue to communicate with people to getting offer ups wall of silence seriously wtf.

I reach out several times only to be stone walled with these canned support answers and once again just give us ur papers blah blah blah..

I am sorry but this is BS and not support someone and stonewalling them is f'ed up...
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Level 9

@Offerupnosuport to make a statement that Offerup has no support is not only bold its false! I've used the support team myself with satisfactory results. And to say that the manager of this community should be ashamed is an inflammatory statement! I and many others in this community feel that she should feel proud of the work that she has done. Maybe you don't like OU, but dont think that you can come into these forums and make false statements and sound like your speaking for any of the rest of the community. Have you taken the time to check what kind of company OU is. I have, and I would be proud to work for this company!

14 REPLIES 14
Level 9

@PuddyTat

If you sell item(s) which OfferUp considers as "high risk" items (it has nothing to do with your opinion) , then the system will flag your account  and ask you to go through the process of getting TruYou verified.

At this time, you have 2 choices:

1. Join Truyou
2. Use another app

I don't consider your situation a lack of support, when it costs you nothing to use the app. Your choices are clear.

Level 9
@PuddyTat what are you selling? Or maybe it was one specific item when blocked? Do you send unsolicited messages that may have gotten you reported? I am curious what determines high risk items
Level 3

Wow ok....

Well thank you not fully reading my post and responding with that snarky little comeback... Now if you would have READ MY POST you'd see I am neither selling or buying items high or low risk,  I'll I was doing was communicating with people and all the sudden got flagged for NO REASON then when reaching out to support was given half canned answers and having my questions ignored much like your response though a bit more polite.

But thanks for your feedback.

PuddyTat

Level 3

Not selling anything was communicating with sellers asking them about items, advised on selling items and just communicating. I couldn't see why I'd be reported but something definitely happened then hit the OfferUp wall OOO Silence after getting some canned half answers...

@RevivalGypsy wrote:
@PuddyTatwhat are you selling? Or maybe it was one specific item when blocked? Do you send unsolicited messages that may have gotten you reported? I am curious what determines high risk items

Level 9
Well that stinks. Are you currently able to post items? Maybe an admin will be able to help you here. It may be an error, just give them time to respond. It sometimes takes a while, but they can offer you a solution or at least some guidance on what may have triggered it. Try not to get upset, this forum is a little quiet, but people do help and are genuinely knowledgeable
Level 9

@PuddyTat wrote:

Wow ok....

Well thank you not fully reading my post and responding with that snarky little comeback... Now if you would have READ MY POST you'd see I am neither selling or buying items high or low risk,  I'll I was doing was communicating with people and all the sudden got flagged for NO REASON then when reaching out to support was given half canned answers and having my questions ignored much like your response though a bit more polite.

You did say..."I am not selling any high risk item's"...which is why I commented in regards to the "high risk" items. You did not clarify that you were NOT selling anything  but just messaging other users.

It takes time and resources to flag accounts, so if you were not buying or selling, then it comes down to something in your behavior on the app.  It's not personal, and the last thing OfferUp wants at this time is to lose the number of users.

Community Manager

Earning your TruYou badge helps to build your reputation on OfferUp, and your TruYou participation helps make our community a more trusted place for everyone. Becoming TruYou verified can be triggered by posting certain types of items, like high-end shoes or laptops.

All data sent to us in this application is secure. The information you provide during this process is encrypted and governed by our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy. The verification service we use is Level 1 PCI compliant (which is a top-level security clearance)

We won’t share the government ID or personal details you provide with any buyer or seller. We do not collect your data for 3rd parties. They’ll only know that you’ve successfully completed the process when they see your TruYou badge. We never post to your Facebook or other connected accounts without your permission.

Community Manager
**full transparency**
Off topic posts were removed.
Community Helper
---In Agreement with Lapua... must of been something in "your" dialog with other users, most likely you had some users block you---
-Nothing Personal- ☺