Okay! Could use some feedback please? 😊

SOLVED
Highlighted
Level 3
Hi everyone! I am new on here. I usually use CL, but wanted to give this a shot. The layout is much better here. ((Not a fan of paying for bumps though)) ""But"" i am not selling a thing! My mother passed away in March, and I have all her things!! As much as i would love to keep it all i just can't! I don't get it. I take plenty of pics, and do lots of research. Heck i was with her when she bought some of these things. (Not the vintage items) πŸ€— I have looked at a bunch of different seller pages as well. I reduced my prices already, still nothing. The only hit i got was a no show!!! I am open to any advice i can get. Thank you!!
Tags (3)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Community Helper
@Zooloo--You're very welcome!! Sometimes people mark items not as firm & in the description put negotiable or accepting offers and that's okay, but that's when people will send you offers of what they can afford to pay or maybe what they feel the item is worth. Thanks again for your response!!

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Community Helper
@Zooloo--I am so sorry for you loss & would like to welcome you to the OfferUp Community Forum!! This is a great opportunity to interact with other buyers and sellers along with community members!! It is important to take several pictures of each item, different angles, detailed descriptions (include any flaws, indicate if the price is firm or negotiable, when you receive any inquiries answer them & ask "Are you ready to buy/purchase" & have fun with selling!! There's a buyer out there for everything & the right person may come along when you least expect it!! Have a great day!!
Level 3
@Hi-there , Thank you for your advice! The one thing you said about mentioning if the price was negotiable is something I didn't think of. I honestly assumed if i check the box that says firm price, or don't check it that buyers would see that and know. Interesting!
Level 9
@Zooloo I’m sorry to hear about your mom. My mom passed away when I was 30... almost 10yrs later and I still miss her like crazy. I tend to sell more items when I post them on weekends. I guess it’s bc people are off work and have time to pick stuff up...
Level 3
@Alright Thank you for your thoughts. Wow 30 is so young....i had turned 46 three days before. Its all a blur. You had great advice as well!! People seem to be viewing the items, but thats all.
Community Helper
@Zooloo--You're very welcome!! Sometimes people mark items not as firm & in the description put negotiable or accepting offers and that's okay, but that's when people will send you offers of what they can afford to pay or maybe what they feel the item is worth. Thanks again for your response!!

View solution in original post

Level 3
Thats really great! I will let you know if it works!