People who are abusing site , using as a personal Ad's and selling nothing /cheating

Level 1
I have just busted my friends husband using this site to talk to orher women. Some of these women are selling nothing now, yet they are chatting by offer up for personal chats and hooking up.
I personally have been asked by men to do sexual favors. So i had to remove my photo and change name
From real name to fact name. This was the way they stopped harassing me sexually. This is for business, not cheaters site. I feel if u do not sell then u can not buy. To keep the trash off of this site. Just my THOUGHTS

9 REPLIES 9
Level 9
Hi, @Debbier, Welcome to Community Forum leave comments and give somes Kudos earns somes badges. Sorry you have to go thru all that to kept men from abusing you. About your question have you try to reports those men. If the same person after report is still make absurdly comments try customer care. Be patient they will get to you, you can also block them too after report it. We needs people to helps reports unprofessional behaviors so we can kept the platform safe for everyone. You can also search this forum for helps too. You can directly ask question using @ in front of username to get swift respond. The Community Forum Manager in here are @Mj_206 and @Elin you can ask them direct. Hope this helps. Have a blast selling on OfferUp.
Community Helper
Sorry to hear about this @Debbier. It's troubling that some lack social skills and harass in this way. It's an ongoing topic and we've had several other threads and too many complaints about it. The real key is reporting. If they're just allowed to, they will move on to the next person. A dating site would be an appropriate place for those people to take that mentality.
Check out some of the other conversations going on. Share your opinions, ideas and experiences. Help us grow a stronger community.
Level 1
Yep. Dont advertise with a girly photo or photo of your kids.
Community Helper
The problem is, while a photo can attract attention, first and foremost, it doesnt matter. If someone has that mindset, they'll just start making ridiculous comments if they just know your a female, or male even.
Secondly, a woman's photo isn't a license to harass. If it happens, always report!
Level 9
Ditto on that @cyclomatic. @Debbier and @Andii, Why should anyone have to change their photo to prevent harassment? That is giving the bad guys control over our personal choices and letting them make us a victim. Ladies and Gentlemen, choose your photo anyway you want and fight back with your mouth, mind and inner strength. Stand up for yourself and beliefs and dont let those bad guys out there get their way. Tell them off. Report them. Your photo does not define you. Your mind and inner being defines you. Stay strong and fight back.🏋️‍♂️
Tags (1)
Level 1
Hello I was FORCED to remove my picture from this site and replaced it with a flower. The reason I don't like it is I have to describe myself on every deal Imake or sell . Instead of them just looking st your photo I posted. And I am a Gurley girl, thats who I am . SO i can put a pic of a ugly old lady But i not an old lady..lol so you cant punish people becuz they take pride in their appearance .
Level 1
EXACTLY my point.... Thanks for understanding
Level 1
Very well spoken like a true gentleman, and I thank you so much.
Highlighted
Level 1
I agree if you have nothing to offer up then get the hell out! 😝