Post’s need relisted “idea”

Level 9
Before you guys freak out, I’m just thinking out loudSmiley Wink
It seems a lot of the time, the items I try to buy i get no response from the seller,
then I look a little closer and notice it’s been listed for over a year!? I think, (like CL) annoying as it may be for us sellers, we should have to renew our listings at some point. What do you guys think?
19 REPLIES 19
OfferUp employee

@Chris555 "Before you guys freak out, I’m just thinking out loudSmiley Wink" - Chris!!! Lol, jk jk.

I think this is a great idea and I've seen it mentioned as something people would want here before. It's something I would love to hear other member's ideas about this and have this be a whole discussion thread Smiley Happy

Community Helper
Wow yes please 👍, I totally agree with you @Chris555 @Elin also I’ve been saying we need the ability to delete sold items in archives, I’ve got for 4 years of old items backed up in there? And it takes me five try’s before I can open archive page? Probably because there tons of items lol
OfferUp employee

@Hotrod I hear that as well. I feel like a lot of people re-list items, and this is why their archive list is so long. There are discussions here about what's the best way to go about this. 

Community Helper
Great, @Elin I hope they give us control, so we can clean up our archive items, I don’t even bother trying to open it anymore😊
Community Helper
I also agree @Chris555. It's a good point to higjlight. I figured, we can resurrect the idea and get more input from others as well.
Level 9

@cyclomatic I dont think we should have to relist,,,,,thats not the problem,,,,,,the problem is the seller not responding,,,,,,and ive tryed to contact sellers that have only had items for two months and dont respond,,,,,i think sellers items should be left alone even if its ten years,,,,as long as they respond to a potential buyer with in a period of time,,,,,one of my buyers who is also a seller has listings that are two years old,,,,but he still responds to all his messages,,actualy i know two of them that have listings that old,,,,,,,but i do think maybe listings where no one responds should be removed,,,,even if they are only a few months  old,,,,,,,,,,the question should be ,,,,,,how long should offer up allow you to have to respond?,,,,,,,,,,,,,maybe someone leaves on vacation and waits till hes back to respond to all his messages ,,,,or a lot of guys i know are gone working for two weeks at a time,,,,,sometimes three weeks,,,,,,,,,should their posts be taken down ,,,,,,,,,I personaly have had items for sale for as long as twenty years and then finally sell them,,,,,,,if i list something on offerup,,,,,,i want them to leave it alone unless i dont respond to several buyers,,,,,,,i always on offer up responded to everyone,,,but im sure i will get some response that i wont respond to at some point ,,,,,hell i just sold a bottle of coke that i purchased in dallas in 1984 ,,,,,that i sold on offer up this last saturday,,,dallas cowboys 25 year in the league for 12.00,,,,paid 50cents,,,,,im patient,,,,,,,,,,

Level 3
I find that my when my posts reach a certain age limit, the views stop. I think a majority of my sales are made by people just looking at the recent posts. I have found that a work around for renewing posts is to just sell another and archive the old post. If I don’t do this I have no responses and both me and the item sits. When I do this then I am very busy with selling. I would love to see an option to renew your post after a certain time period (7 or 14 days) instead of having to do the work around and fill up my archive. Craigslist has something similar where you can renew the post after a certain time limit.
Level 9

@EJames  Just archive and relist your items.  OU sells bumps for that exact purpose.

Level 4
I agree