Really 9.9% ...? ⬆ 2%!

SOLVED
Community Helper
No kidding!
Well... that just took the sail out of my shipping sales! 😕
Appreciate update!
Tags (1)
@REMEMBRANCE I feel that they raised the 9.9% because the competition site charges 9.9% but there's some major differences between the two platforms such as the cc processing company, payout times, shipping choices, advertising, customer service, buyer and seller feedback, user friendliness, more categories etc...this was a bad move in my opinion. If they want to charge 9.9% they need to up the buyer and seller benefits that doesn't include charges. I said I would not use the other site but if I'm going to pay the same seller fee I'm going to use the one that offers me a better selling platform. I will still use OU but only for local sales.
I agree, so they want an additional 1% for a timely deposit in addition to the 2%?! They need to go kick rocks
Community Helper
Those are some excellent examples that very well deserve a 2% ⬆ @BrightMoonstone!

Kinda like putting the cart before the horse!
Live Customer Care would definitely substantiate a 2%⬆ from OU! 🙏🆗
"Pretty Pleeezzzeee... OfferUp!"
Community Helper
Welcome to the OfferUp Community forum
@Bsarhad!

Highlighted
I have a few items that I can raise the prices on but they aren't going to sale because people want the lowest price possible. Fact is Offerup is known as a site where people sell mostly items from home that they no longer want, it's not known as a site to sell new merchandise that requires a 9.9% selling fee. People don't come here for new items. I don't know if they're loosing money and need to cover cost on claims or what's going on.
Community Helper
Maybe growing too fast; trying to catch up with the big dogs...
@BrightMoonstone?

Surely, they are being compensated by the numerous businesses on the "Suggest a Place to Meet" location maps?
Community Manager

@REMEMBRANCE wrote:
Maybe growing too fast; trying to catch up with the big dogs...
@BrightMoonstone?

Surely, they are being compensated by the numerous businesses on the "Suggest a Place to Meet" location maps?

Interesting theory! We currently don't get compensated by any businesses on the meetup feature. The only lines of revenue currently are from bumps, promotions, 3rd party ads, shipping/payments, and our Autos program. 

I wish I knew the reasoning behind the change. I totally hear you guys on this feedback and agree. I'm here to serve as the voice of the customer, so I'm always relaying your feedback to the appropriate teams, and I definitely brought this up. 

Community Helper
Hmm...
No revenue from the location maps?!
Interesting...