Refund from scam

Level 1
How do i get a refund from someone who scammed me and deleted there account, they were suposed to send me a switch but send me a scratched video game for the wii
17 REPLIES 17
Community Helper
Was this shipped or local? If shipped, and within 2 days of delivery, you can submit a buyers claim.
Level 1
I just got it today, it was shipped, how do i submit that?

@Adam54 

Did you use OU's shipping system and use OU's payment system (via Stripe)? If so, file a buyer protection claim here.  Howver, If you used some other method of payment, you are out of luck.

Level 1
Thank you, i went there but idk exactly what to do, is it report another user? Cause he deleted his account so i cant find him, what do i do on there, im just making sure i do this all right
Community Helper
There should be a place to submit a claim via the tracking within offerups app.

@aidenholley wrote:
There should be a place to submit a claim via the tracking within offerups app.

@aidenholley  If the above statement is true, why not indicate a link?  As of this reply, no such process exsits, other than the link I have provided.

Community Helper
I dont have a link for submitting a buyers claim. You have to do within the app. That link is for customer support, not submitting a buyer's claim.

@aidenholley wrote:
I dont have a link for submitting a buyers claim. You have to do within the app. That link is for customer support, not submitting a buyer's claim.

Perhaps someone should pin this or indicate how this is done, since many people can't seem to submit the claim in the manner that you have suggested?

Community Helper
It can only be done with shipping thru the app, if you pay thru the app. Most people dont want to do this and go off the app to pay for shipping. That is why they cant submit a claim. A buyers claim is done within 2 days in the original messages between seller and buyer after the tracking says delivered.