Scammed and no help

Community Helper
-Ciao' @Tdbrooks-

---Hmmm... any particular reason why you would need that question answered?

Having issues... 😕
Level 9
@Tdbrooks

Update from last post. I've tested it.

Assuming you had contact prior with the user you will get the prompt "User Account Deactivated" and error code L9QN04PE if you try to inquire about a past item (assuming it was fav.)

imgur.com/g3jK84y.png
Highlighted
Level 5
Always inspect the item prior to paying someone. Did you not ask the seller for serial number, model number and other model specific details? Where did you meet the seller? If you met at a public place or coffee shop than see if that business has cameras installed so once you file police report (if you do), they have evidence of transaction. I am sorry you had to go through to this.
Community Helper
-Ciao' @Sood-

---So true... appreciate the reminders--- 👍

Compassion too... 💜 Ty!
Level 1
Yes. I paid someone and they took the money but I’m not sure if they shipped the item. When I went back to ask, it said “Network Error (forbidden) Error code: 5GG413vV4”
Tags (1)
Level 1
After hours of research, I have this persons facebook, phone number, instagram, and twitter. So if they did scam me, I will file a claim.
Level 5
@Tdbrooks get in touch with offerup CS team they will be able to help you with order that are shipped.
Level 1
I wasn’t thinking and I sent them the money via cash app. So I don’t think that there is anything that OfferUp can do.
Community Helper
-Ciao' @Tdbrooks-

---A proper "New Member" Welcome to the OfferUp Nationwide Community Forum--- ☺

Your concerns are the OfferUp Teams concerns... @goblin suggestions were "right on"

You deserve resolution... will need more information to do so.

Level 5
In that case, yes they might not be able to help. I hope it wasn’t a highly priced item. If it was a cheaper item - i would say use it as a lesson learned and move on. For future reference always use Offerup as method of payment if you are getting an item shipped and for local sales - meet at police station, public places. Inspect the item to your satisfaction - i always tell my buyers to open and inspect before payment. It takes lot of efforts to stay at 5+ star rating. Lastly, always look for reviews and truyoumemeber certification - 99% chance they will not be a scammer.