Seller playing games

SOLVED
Highlighted
Level 1
I contacted a seller 4 months back to get some custom stands for my Goddaughter birthday. I have been the one checking on updates with her. She asked me to meet her and never even showed up but claimed to have been there. I waited and communicated but she just seemed to be playing games. I recently got a new phone and I am looking for our previous messages but have been lost. I know her name because I sent a deposit on cash app... any help/advise would be appreciated. Thanks in advance!
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Level 9
Honestly in my opinion and I'm sure you've come to the same conclusion ― it sounds like a scam.

Ask your bank or the cash app support to reverse funds if it's still even possible.

The message chain should still be avaible under Offers > View Messages for said item.

If you find it, report the user ― no use in debating the person, save yourself a headache.

For future refrence, it is advised that you never go outside of the app for payment.

"By keeping your transaction inside OfferUp, and not using an external payment or shipping service, OfferUp can help protect you from fraud and theft.

Avoid other app-based payments like Venmo and PayPal. Also avoid wire transfers such as Western Union or MoneyGram, or non-cash payments such as gift cards or personal/certified checks. These payment methods are usually sources of fraud."
https://ask.offerup.com/Buying/887967941/How-to-pay.htm
1 REPLY 1
Level 9
Honestly in my opinion and I'm sure you've come to the same conclusion ― it sounds like a scam.

Ask your bank or the cash app support to reverse funds if it's still even possible.

The message chain should still be avaible under Offers > View Messages for said item.

If you find it, report the user ― no use in debating the person, save yourself a headache.

For future refrence, it is advised that you never go outside of the app for payment.

"By keeping your transaction inside OfferUp, and not using an external payment or shipping service, OfferUp can help protect you from fraud and theft.

Avoid other app-based payments like Venmo and PayPal. Also avoid wire transfers such as Western Union or MoneyGram, or non-cash payments such as gift cards or personal/certified checks. These payment methods are usually sources of fraud."
https://ask.offerup.com/Buying/887967941/How-to-pay.htm