Spamming offerup

Level 1
Is it against community rules to post the same item over and over again every 30 minutes or so? There are about 2-3 regular users who spam offerup with the same items multiple times per 30 mins-hr shoving their stuff down our throats. Every time I come onto offerup it's the same 2 people first ALWAYS. So annoying and seems unfair to others who post normally here.
7 REPLIES 7
Community Helper
I'm pretty sure it is. You can report them though if they have repeated items/are spamming with the same items and then block them.
Level 1
I absolutely did report her. Blocking doesn't help. You will still see their stuff for sale and they will still see yours. Blocking simply stops them from sending you messages and that's not the issue I need addressed.
Community Helper
I've never had an issue when I block others and seeing their stuff. I have had issues with them still messaging me. You will not be able to see their items at all. They will still see yours however.
Level 1
I mean I'm not the only one complaining. I have a few friends & family members who use the app and also are complaining about these two separate individuals we see spamming offerup every 30 minutes. Its really so annoying that we are using offerup less & less.
Level 9
It is against the rules.

All you can do is report the user and their posts like aiden said

Staff and bots do miss things sometimes.

I've personally suggested trusted mods for every city or couple cities.

It's been a while since they've addressed it.

I hope something is implemented soon.
Level 1
That's interesting. I still see stuff from ppl I blocked.
Community Helper
People I have blocked are still able to message me and I cant see what they send. Also, I cant see their profiles period. Support doesnt believe me at all when I say that people I have blocked are still able to message me. I have over 100 people blocked. I cant see any of their profiles.