This is NOT a dating site!

Level 1
Guys! STOP IT! We are here to SELL things. Stop messaging us and telling us we are hot, asking if we are single, if we can meet you alone. Do you think your mothers would be proud of you for that? Would you want your daughters harassed by men asking them to meet them alone? No? No, you would probably string a man up who spoke like that to your daughters or mothers. SO STOP DOING IT! It’s disturbing, disgusting, and desperate. Sorry. My PSA for the day. Was on here for 5 min before I had someone ask me if I was going to be alone to meet them for a drill. He didn’t even want the drill. Doesn’t even have a charger for it. Stop doing this!
54 REPLIES 54
Community Helper
Welcome to the Community Forums @MercBrit. Take some time to look at the current topics being discussed. (This is a fresh one from just yesterday)
Please stay engaged and help grow the community. Share your opinions, ideas and experiences.
I won't add to what you've said. You can look at what myself and others have added previously.
Level 9
Applause applause @MercBrit. Ditto that!
Level 9

Warmest welcome to the community @MercBrit Smiley Happy

Tip: If you want someone specific or want members to respond put this @ in front of their username. Like I did with your username.

Level 3
Seriously instead of all the drama take it and twist it around...so he thought you were attractive and wanted to meet you. You should feel flattered and just blow it off. Granted their are people out there you have to beware of but if you don’t react they will move on. However instead you post this to a forum and make a major deal out of it.
How long have you been on this site?
How many times has this happened to you?
Let it be and it will go away. It’s not like the guy is stalking you.
Get over yourself.
Sorry but had to be said.
Tags (1)
Level 9

hi @Blueyss welcome to the forum ,what a great post,,,,I had to read it a couple of times ,,,,,,,,,it was strange like i could hear your voice as i read it,,,,,,,,that only happens for me in letters from people whos voice i actualy know,,,,,,,,

Highlighted
Level 9

Welcome to the OfferUp Community. @Blueyss  Smiley Happy

Visit  this guide  it covers the ins and outs of using this Online Community. Hand out a kudo or two, and earn badges.

If you want someone specific or want certain members to respond put this @ in front of their username. Like I did with your username.

Thanks for sharing. I see that you are very opinionated. Here in the forums we can agree to disagree. I disagree with most of what you said and here is why.

You wrote:

You should feel flattered and just blow it off.

You have no right to tell another person how to feel-- those are her feelings to feel.

How long have you been on this site?
How many times has this happened to you?

What does these questions have to do with her situation? If it happened once that is one time to many.

instead you post this to a forum and make a major deal out of it.

What is wrong with her posting to the forum? @MercBrit responded to the topic "This Is Not a Dating Site!"

This issue is very real and the only way it is going to get better is through discussion and awareness.That is what the forums are for. To have conversations to encourage, be fair, polite, and transparent.

Had to be said--  with no apologies.

Tags (2)
Level 9
Well said @Shupat. 🤓
Tsk...tsk.. , @Blueyss, not nice ,🤤
Had to be said....with apologies to @MercBrit. 😎
Level 3
I personally never had that problem and i been on here for over a year. Anyone i deem as not really interested and wasting time i will block. There are dating sites for that, people need to report that behavior, and block. Smh.

@Blueyss  I'm curious:

Let's assume that you are heterosexual. How would someone of the same sex messaging you and telling you that you are hot, asking if you are single, and whether they can meet you alone?

Would you just feel flattered and blow it off?

Would you want to be told not to react and to just wait for the person to move on? Not to make a major deal of it, but to just let it until it will goes away, because it’s not like the person is stalking you?

Would you feel comfortable being told not to make a major deal out of it, and to get over yourself?

Most heterosexual men and women would be very uncomfortable in that situation, and would want the help and support from their community. And most women, regardless of their orientation, are similarly uncomfortable with uninvited sexual attention from men.