This might sound scary but you need to know

SOLVED
Level 9

@NP03

Set the meeting place at a Starbucks or something similar near the acutal location to qualify the buyer ( money, truck, manpower, etc.) first. If everything is copacetic, have them follow you to the location.

If the buyer questions your plan, just state that you have had one too many flakes and don't feel comfortable giving out the address.

Level 3
@Lapua Very Helpful info. That’s how I’ll handle it. Thank you so much. 😊

I wouldn't text or email anyone. The chat on the app serves the purpose it was intended, and they tell you not to communicate other than through the app; they can reach personal info through those channels.  If they insist on email/text, I'd move on; same thing if a seller insists. There'll be other buyers. Better to be safe.

Level 3
This is what I was going to comment.
Level 3
@StevenY if I didn’t respond to any of my late night messages I’d never sell anything. I’ve actually tried lol.
Level 9
@ECPJ-DP wrote:

@StevenY if I didn’t respond to any of my late night messages I’d never sell anything. I’ve actually tried lol.

Howdy @ECPJ-DP, Welcome to Community Forum, thanks for sharing experiences. Sound like you stay up pretty late doing business works🤑.

If I have to respond to late night message, the following morning, I know buyer will be still sleeping😅.

All my times on OU's app, I had not successful with late night message result in sell yet. So you do reply most of your messages at night? What do you sell on OfferUp app?
Tags (1)
Level 3
@StevenY not most of my replies but a lot. We’re a Pawn Shop so my situation is probably a little different than other sellers. Plus, we’re in Houston so everything’s 24/7 lol.
Level 9
@ECPJ-DP, me too, I'm Houston Texas welcome neighbor. What part of town your shop located? I'm surprise, when heard yall open business 24/7 is good business. It your shop part of a franchises Pawn like Cash America Pawn.
Level 3
@StevenY our shops not open 24/7 but I’ve learned if you want to sell online you’ve pretty much gotta be available 24/7, we’re on the South Side, 12 locations locally owned. What area are you in?
Highlighted
Level 9
@ECPJ-DP, You have ran a successful business in Houston Texas. I would like invite for you to share any experiences, thoughts, ideas with members of the Community Forum in small business owner Pro and Con How to be successful business Owner threads and share anything you may have. I know capital is parts of the business beside that What motivate you driven to works everyday?

Thank you in advance and Hope you'll continue to contribute to the Community Forum be sure check out other members latest post in this Community Forum how to be better at selling on OfferUp app. Leaves comments and give somes thumb up and Kudos earns somes badges along the way.

I'm in southwest side and I do travel alot all over towns I maybe your next customer. Hope, if you see in store you can give me good deals (discounts) Lol.