This might sound scary but you need to know

SOLVED
I just had a guy ask me to meet him at his rented garage which was not at his house after he'd text me later when he was done doing whatever he was doing ! Like when he was ready ! I told him it's normal to put item in car & meet in public place. He had a hissy fit ! He asked who did I think I was and he doesnt have time to cater to my "comfort zone". I called the deal off !
Community Helper
@SusieForest--Hello & welcome!! Thanks so much for sharing your experience!! It's important to always trust your gut & meet in public places because you just never know.

The fact that the person became upset is a tell tell sign. Thanks so much for your feedback!!
Level 3
If at all possible I would like to meet in a local police station. Too many crooks out there looking for an easy mark
Community Helper
@Grandad54--Hello & welcome!! It's great that you are taking the opportunity to share your thoughts and experiences with us!! Thank you!!
Level 1
I always meet at a busy gas station I never drive to far out of my way to sell something. Stay in the area your familiar with make sure someone knows your goin to make the sale. Cash only , I had a guy with a long drawn out story about he is on business and cant pick the item up he wants to pay with a cashier's check and send his movers to get the item. It was an obvious scam guy was brand new and verified by email only had some generic profile pic, go with your gut and take a look at the buyer before committing to anything
Community Helper
@Doomedtitan--Well stated!! Always follow your gut instincts!! If the person wants the item bad enough, they should find a way to pick the item up, or be verified for payment through OfferUp so the item can be shipped. Welcome, & thank you for sharing your experience!!
Level 1
You are so right with the human trafficking as bad as it is they we'll set you up never go alone either or just with a little child they want them to. Take a man friends just not alone and someone who can keep u safe it only takes one time and you could never be seen again. It sounds harsh but it's real so wake up no one ever thinks it would happen to them till it's to late please listen and spread the word.
Level 1
Thanks for the advice. I’m new so this is very helpful.
Level 1
I pick an inside location. I don't want to know their car or mine. Inside with cameras or people.
Level 9

@Greenizz67 you have hit the nail on the head! I try to preach safety here and I couldn't have said it better myself. If my wife    goes on a meetup then I'm with her. If for some reason I can't be there I'll have someone I trust to take my place! No exception!