This might sound scary but you need to know

SOLVED
Level 1

Level 9

@Gadima  welcome to the OU forums ! Feel free to chime in on topics that interest you. Good luck and success!

Level 1
Some people need to just text am one because am very very hard of hearing so I just text .
I generally like to exchange phone numbers before meeting. My biggest petpeve is setting an approximate time and seller or buyers take 15-20 minutes to respond due to a missed notification. I have had several people refuse to give their phone numbers out and one can speculate many different reasons why. I have never felt unsafe going to a meet due to texting only. Obviously do your homework and see how long a person has been in the community. Look at buyer/seller ratings, consider the value of property or cash you will have on hand as well as the meeting location.
Community Helper
@Freespirit1111 I dont exchange phone numbers because I dont want the buyer to potentially harass me by calling me at all times of night if I end up not wanting to sell to them. They can also easily track down my address very easily with just my phone number. There's a lot of things that could go wrong with giving your number out on these selling apps to perfect strangers.
Level 3

@aidenholley wrote:
@Freespirit1111I dont exchange phone numbers because I dont want the buyer to potentially harass me by calling me at all times of night if I end up not wanting to sell to them. They can also easily track down my address very easily with just my phone number. There's a lot of things that could go wrong with giving your number out on these selling apps to perfect strangers.

I use a smartphone with Tello (a Sprint MNVO).

I paid $50 for it 5 years ago.

I pay $10 for texts and/or minutes that can last the whole year. It is 1 cent per text and 3 cents per minute.

I only use this phone's number for selling.

Community Helper
I cant afford a phone like that @atexit8. I have to use the phone and plan that I have right now. Not everyone has an option like that. I simply do not give my number out to strangers on these apps.
Neighbor
First time selling. Is it safe to meet the buyer outside my apartment?
Level 1
Yes just don't tell them what apt # ur in. Or meet them at the leasing offc
Level 1
Nope- being safe