Trades on offer up

SOLVED
Level 1
What's the best way to make a trade?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Community Helper
@Billyp43 Welcome to the OfferUp Community forum,

Billyp43 well I’ve been offered trades through the selling app ask question option. Saying please take a look at my items for sale page and if you’re interested please let me know if you’re willing to trade for your item I’m interested in.
I personally don’t have an issue have a look what people are trying to trade, I’ve actually traded item for item in the past. It’s all in being polite if there’s nothing you need. saying sorry I don’t see anything I can use but thanks for the offer. Maybe in the future OfferUp could look into adding a trade option to the categories page. 😎🇬🇧🔚
4 REPLIES 4
Community Helper
@Billyp43 Welcome to the OfferUp Community forum,

Billyp43 well I’ve been offered trades through the selling app ask question option. Saying please take a look at my items for sale page and if you’re interested please let me know if you’re willing to trade for your item I’m interested in.
I personally don’t have an issue have a look what people are trying to trade, I’ve actually traded item for item in the past. It’s all in being polite if there’s nothing you need. saying sorry I don’t see anything I can use but thanks for the offer. Maybe in the future OfferUp could look into adding a trade option to the categories page. 😎🇬🇧🔚
Highlighted
Level 9
It all comes down to offering something of equal value.

Not what you think something is worth, but what the market value on it is.

Whether used or new, double check with eBay and Amazon

Cash on top can help, bring it up in the first message.

If they don't trade, be polite and move on.
Level 1
I very much agree. Just this evening someone had posted a tool I needed. I really didn't want to go out and buy it. So I explained that I would trade a tool. Sounds simple. Either you want to, or you don't.
Level 1
Sometimes its easier to get rid of a product that you have had for a while if you offer a trade.