Unfair ratings!!!!

Level 3
I had 32 perfect ratings until yesterday. I went and bought a trendy kids toy that cost me about $40. I posted it for free as my weekly good deed. I had many responses of course. First person actually headed my way to pick up immediately so i just told the following responses it was pending pick up. As soon as i marked it sold, i got a bad rating. So some scum ghetto person messed up me ratings for just doing a good deed. This isn't fair that this can happen!!
8 REPLIES 8
Level 9
I don’t think it’s related to that, you can’t be rated by someone you didn’t mark sold to. Either that or the person you gave it to rated you badly.
Level 3
I left the item on the porch. Didn't even meet/see the person who picked up this FREE SEALED toy. The trading appeared right after i marked sold to them. This isn't fair. So it was an EVIL ghetto person who got the free item and still gave me a Bogus rating. My prefect rating shouldn't have to suffer over a freak!
Level 1
I'd like to see a rating system similar to eBay implemented in offer up. Mind you, it's not perfect, but it'd be nice to see the item purchased or at least be able to leave a brief description of your purchase/experience. A seller should also be able to leave a response.

I know this will increase overhead for OfferUp in server storage and bandwidth, but you've started to implement much more targeted advertisement, I'm sure you'll still manage to turn a profit.
Level 9

I like ebays rating system ok,,,,,but if we are doing local sales where we meet the person and sale the item in person withing a short time,,,,,,,and the buyer gets to inspect the item and hand us the cash,,,,,do we really need that rating system,,,,,,i like the rating system on  ebay because i cant inspect the item before purchase,,,,,,,,,to me the rating system on offerup is more about dealing with the person,,,,,,,not about the item 

Community Helper

@Momof433

I read these comments before and should have responded sooner. I thought you would have had more feedback. I think what you did was a good thing. Something done out of kindness. Whoever you agreed to pick-up, must have communicated with you, correct?

Believe it, or not, there have been a number of people who've come to the forums asking, "how can I change a rating. I accidentally gave 1 star and meant to give 5". Some people have made mistakes in rating people. Some realize it, others don't. Did you have any further communication with that person? 

On the other hand, if you never met the person, how do you know if the correct person showed up and the toy was gone? Taken by someone else.

You did a good thing for someone and there's a good chance, it's just a mistake on their part.

Level 3
Hi, the person who picked up was the only one i gave location to
Community Helper

@Momof433 so you marked it sold or taken by that person and rated them as well?

Did you ask them afterwards about the rating?

Level 3
Yes and yes. And no response. Its either a dumbass who hates life or someone who needs to seriously be more careful on "accidental " ratings