Verified Members Club!

Level 1
Am stuck because i dont have a driver's license to become verified and also being restricted from making other purchases that don't require shipping
Level 3
You can acquire a State Identification Card that is exactly the same, just without driving privileges..had one when I was 16!
Level 3
Agreed! The option could easily be implemented, if its your preferred way then why not!
Community Helper
Welcome to the Community forums
@Moncara!
Are you seeing any error codes that may help me understand your 2nd inquiry?
Ciao´ for now...
L11
Level 8
@factsdontcare, @BrysonK, @Woodguychris,
I'm not yet a verified member yet. Had some issues with it before but may try again since phone changes etc. have improved. Love hearing everyone's ideas. It's just good to brain storm and help others whenever we can. Glad to meet each of you!
L11
Level 8
@Moncara, @REMEMBRANCE, @Hi-there, @Mj_206
Moncada it is really great to see you participating in the community forums. The problem with you not be able to make purchases that don't require shipping should be escalated for resolution. Meanwhile, if there's anything I can do to help don't hesitate to ask. Send me a P.M. to @L11 so I can add you as a friend and vice versa. Happy Easter! @ L11
Level 3
Now I would like to address your last comment based on the word "club". In your home family,(if you have a family) are individuals not belonging to devoted seperate clubs? My daughter does not belong to my poker club and i'm not in her swim club. So its not at all a label! Sinply a kinda* file management system based on individuals who are like minded*. Keep that in mind!

As for verification purposes. *Scenario* If you noticed an individual willing to pay twice the value of something to get a meet at specific time/ location and you decide to look at the individual's profile. You notice the profile was made this year of this month with no picture, no sales, no followers and no verification - do you accept this individual as trustworthy? - Most likely not. You now only know this individual is offering you money for your valued item. So to be clear, a Verified Members club is only to "sort" those we "may choose" to do business with. That is our right as sellers or buyers to "discriminate" based on our personal level of safety. Take it or leave it!
Level 3
New to replying
L11
Level 8
@BrysonK
Welcome here. We're all still learning no matter how much TIME or STATS one might have. You seem pretty bright and I personally enjoy your posts. Suggesstion: be sure to add the @ sign before a user's name when n posting. It helps to address specific user and interested parties you'd like to see your message as well, by putting a comma in between each recipient's name. Keep on contributing, reading, & jumping in. Helps your personal ratings on OU & your stats which increases your level, which shows more reliability to profile watchers! Good peeps will check profiles & ratings to assure their buyer or seller is legit. Good luck. @L11
Level 9

@BrysonK  you see this is how many quarrels get started and escalate! When I read your post I took it literally. When you speek of clubs with special privileges and separated search lists its sound like just that! Had you said you'd like to get everyone to use Truyou then that would have made more sense. I have nothing against more safety, ask anybody here, they'll tell you I'm one of the biggest advocates! Also have nothing against you, you seem to be a bright young lady. I merely commented on the literary content of your post.

I choose not to use Truyou because it only verifies ones Id. Nothing else, no background check, no records. It really tells you nothing about a person other than they are who they say they are. That's not good enough for me to feel that my wife and family(yes I have a family) are 100% safe. You see for me only 100% is exceptable when it comes to safety. So if I don't trust them who do I trust, ME. The responsibility for the safety of my family is mine.

Another problem I have with Truyou is they are taking a picture of your Id. On the surface that doesn't sound bad! But think about this. They now have access to you indentifacation, your life. Everything about you is accessible through your drivers license and you just handed it over to someone you've never met and in fact don't see! Who verified them?

So in short, if I offended you I apologize, if I took your post out of context I apologize. I like this forum and I like the people in it(well most of them) and I look to protect it. So if I screwed up I'm a big man and I can admit it. I promise not to shred any of your future posts!!!