Viewed Messages, ignoring potential buyers

SOLVED
Level 3
Can you only see that a buyer or seller has seen your message from a computer? I can't see that info on the app on my phone.
I know similar buy and sell apps will show viewed messages on the app. But the app I speak of, falls way short of offerup .
Level 9

Hello @Unclemonkey

I do not have the answer to your question but I think @Hotrod can help us out with the information.

How did I not know that you can see that a buyer or seller has seen your message via computer or app? LOL

So, what is the indicator? How do you know that your message has been viewed.

Tags (2)
Level 1
I’ve recently had the same problem with two sellers this week. I’ve wasted a week of my time trying to accommodate them for pick up of items and I’ve received constant run-around. Time to search for serious sellers and so frustrated that I will report both sellers. Hopefully, Offerup can address such issues.
Level 2
You arent kidding .. Ive wasted many weeks doin the same..
Is2
Level 3
Totally agree with that..
Tags (2)
Highlighted
Level 3
Sometimes buyers are the problem. They message with interest in an item then send a message. The seller messages back & gets no response ! I think if you are not serious about the item don't waste the sellers time !
Level 3

Tags (1)
Level 3
I ignore lowballers. Some people whining about sellers not replying were probably offering 50% or less of the asking price. Those peope never come up to a reasonable number so I just delete them. Not worth wasting time over them. Even though it takes just a few seconds, replying to every lowballer and their b.s. explanations of why they think they are entitled to a lower price just isnt time well spent. Just my thoughts. A fair offer on most things is if your at least whithin
25% of the asking price, or theres an actual reason to lowball such as overpricing. My items are already rock bottom..so it saves me time. More than 50% of buyers never reply after the first message also..so it goes both ways.
Is2
Level 3

Have you ever gotten the run around from buyers on here changing days and areas to meet then back out of sale