Viewed Messages, ignoring potential buyers

SOLVED
Level 1
Unfortunately this is part of the world we live in...just try to treat people right, and most will do the same.
Level 9

Hello @John_r23  Thanks for sharing great words of wisdom.

Welcome to the forums! Take a look around. Ask questions and contribute your insight. Hand out kudos and earn badges along the way.

Level 2
I always respond as soon as possible. Have had no shows but that is the nature of the business. Even on low-ball offers, I respond in a nice way. Never take things personal!
We have gotten in touch with sellers, make a meet date, and on the way to purchase and pick up, they come up with a family emergency or something. I always thought who has first choice and not change my mind. Unbelievable. And I’m talking driving from phoenix to patchy junction lengths
Level 1
I totally agree like my grandma used to say you catch more flies with honey than vinegar 😊
I was very aggravated this morning because people want the item I respond quickly & then no common courtesy on responding back to me
GTB
I messeaged a seller a few days in a row never to get a response.
Level 1
I'm wondering if that was maybe my issue today.... I was so disappointed, i contacted a seller and tried to meet up with them on two occasions unsuccessfully because of messaging problems maybe? I only heard back from the seller an hour or more later each time...
Level 9

Hi @Tommy_91 ,,,,welcome to the forum,,,,,,,,im curious  what exactly makes you think it was a messaging problem?,,what was happening,,,,,did your messages show up in the messaging window?,,,,,,,,,sometimes people sound like they want to buy something , then just dont respond back,,,,,sometimes its a long time before they respond back

Level 9

and some times sellers never respond back,,,,i look at the posts to see how long they have been up

Level 9

@GTB  @Tommy_91    @Chomper2013   @PJSNew2U   @Seancg75 

Welcome to the OfferUp Community!  Thanks for sharing.

Visit  this guide  it covers the ins and outs of using this Online Community. Join the conversation with your comments or questions. Hand out a kudo or two, and earn badges.

Tip: If you want someone specific or want members to respond put this @ in front of their username. Like I did with your username.

May success be with you--