Views and no offers

SOLVED
Level 5
Just mostly views, and no offers..not even low offers not even being made
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Community Helper
@Crazychris--Sometimes there a periods like this where people view a lot of items, & then when you least expect it, they will reach out to you to make a purchase. You just have to post on different sites & be patient. Thank you!!
34 REPLIES 34
Community Helper
@Crazychris--Sometimes there a periods like this where people view a lot of items, & then when you least expect it, they will reach out to you to make a purchase. You just have to post on different sites & be patient. Thank you!!
Level 5
Other sites is no excuse for this sites failure..none what so ever..this site promises sales no matter what time of year and it even has item performances..which is also failing..no excuse
Community Helper
@Crazychris--I understand. We all have had moments where people make a lot of purchases, & then they stop. Some members have posted items on different sites as another alternative; that's what I was stating "It's an option."
Level 5
Ive already said something about. Using other sites in past posts..its nothing new to me. I know that trick, this site needs to step it up, cause I'm losing interest
Community Helper
@Crazychris--I know it was mentioned that the OfferUp team is looking to create different ways to improve their site. I too get what you're stating & the frustration you feel because I too have been there.
Level 1
What I find interesting is I posted three things about a week ago. Then six things today. The three had instant questions, offers and looks. They were within minutes of posting. The six, not one single question or offer all day. There's something wrong with that. It's pretty much impossible to believe.
Highlighted
Level 5
Well I have done everything the "PROS" of Offer up has suggested and it has done nothing. I'm not giving my stuff away for petty prices or shipping though the mail so offer up can take percentage of my money. Some times you sell, sometimes you dont have a chance at all...its hard because at first it was great..then all the sudden things fell apart...like i said..mostly views, low offers, no responses...item performance flat lines...died
My page rarely shows new posts. I’m shocked when I look under a category and an item that was posted “2 days ago” is marked sold yet I never saw it prior and I check thoroughly. . “Recently listed”? Item that showed up 1st today-“promoted” dress from 3yrs ago from inactive seller. This could explain why views & sales stop happening. Buyers can’t see posts
Level 1
I agree it's like when you first start selling you have so many offers alot of views like you said right after posting sometimes but since offer up has updated , alot of new profiles being created the fact that you can pay to get more views and sales it seems like the original reason this app or site was made is now lost. I get harassed by hackers and scammers often which is why after being a member for 5 years I made a new account last year. If I get any offers I agree they're low and they never want to pick up the items that's mainly where the problem is. They don't want to pay your price and want you to do all the work. The last issue I have with the views is that when someone does message me I get I text back and receive no response sometime never but in most cases for 4 days to a week and I just stop texting after I see my messages get read but I get no response. Do I think offer up can improve, yes will it, I'm not too sure.