What do yall search for the most to buy?

SOLVED
Highlighted
Level 1
Hi how are you I'm a local seller I buy and resell things from Amazon I was just curious as to what most people are looking for these days and what I should buy that would sell quickest and the most of seems like the things I have been buying sell few and far between so I would like y'all's opinions on what y'all would like to see more of on here so I can invest in those items and also what phones are the most popular right now because I also buy phone cases and I have a crapload of them that I can't get rid of so let me know what phone cases and other items I would like to see I really would appreciate it thank you
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Level 9
For some reason people seem to want to pay 20 for everything I sell, I think unless you’re in a metro area anything under 20 the sale usually falls through when you set up a meeting because most people feel it’s too far to drive for a 5/10 dollar items. And for anything other than cars, furnitures and name brand items, most people aren’t looking to spend anything more than $60 or so.

I can’t tell you what items sells since it varies a lot by area, but two rules I use to decide is 1. Is it worth the drive 2. Do I have that much cash on hand, so I don’t have to make an extra trip to the atm.

If you want to recoup some cash to try out other items sell your phone cases in bulk, at least breakeven or get a small profit, maybe someone likes one case but not the rest but they think for that price they can flip it and basically make everything back so that one case was essentially free.
9 REPLIES 9
OfferUp employee

I'd love to hear about this as well! Where about are you located @Breezybree? I think trends always change based on where you are. Smiley Happy

Community Helper
Hi @Breezybree welcome to the forum, yes I totally agree with @Elin
trends always change based on location. That’s why people don’t usually limit them self’s to one or two things, multiple different options for people to see gives a better profit margin. I would recommend doing research on what’s selling quickly on OfferUp and get similar items priced competitively. 😎
Level 1
I'm across from busch gardens @Elin basically that general area!
Level 9
For some reason people seem to want to pay 20 for everything I sell, I think unless you’re in a metro area anything under 20 the sale usually falls through when you set up a meeting because most people feel it’s too far to drive for a 5/10 dollar items. And for anything other than cars, furnitures and name brand items, most people aren’t looking to spend anything more than $60 or so.

I can’t tell you what items sells since it varies a lot by area, but two rules I use to decide is 1. Is it worth the drive 2. Do I have that much cash on hand, so I don’t have to make an extra trip to the atm.

If you want to recoup some cash to try out other items sell your phone cases in bulk, at least breakeven or get a small profit, maybe someone likes one case but not the rest but they think for that price they can flip it and basically make everything back so that one case was essentially free.
OfferUp employee

Aww, nice! Smiley Happy 

OfferUp employee

@Breezybree What do you generally see when you type in your zip code and start scrolling? I know for me when I go to visit my family in Southern California, I see loooots of beach cruisers haha. Up in Washington, lots of bikes and ski gear Smiley Happy

Tags (1)
Community Helper
Hey @Breezybree, I'd like to welcome you back to the Community Forums. Update us on your OfferUp experience and how things are going for you.
There are plenty of topics that you'll find of interest and could be further helpful in answering some of your questions.
Auto!!
Community Helper
-Ciao' @Vidropower-
---Welcome to the OfferUp Community Forum---
How has your luck been with your Auto search?
Success to you 👍😊