What do you find yourself using OfferUp for most?

Hi everyone. Happy to be a part of OfferUp community. Thankful to have happened on such nice & HELPFUL folks in here as well.
I started on OfferUp in I think 2015 or 16 as a buyer. Buying an older home, I wanted nothing new, only character filled furniture, items, art, a few antiques to put in my new2me home. I got a little focused on antique chairs, but everything I purchased thru OfferUp then, was a good buy, the right price, & exactly as described, except for maybe 1 item I drove all the way to New Came for. But even that drive was not a list cause. One item was a "not a good deal deal", but I had driven for 2 items, same seller. The 2nd item was an antique (black 1940s) Singer sewing machine, gold accents, gold trim, the real deal, in it's own original fold out table. The seller had only wanted to set her new sewing machine on it, until she realized it housed an old dusty thing. She only wantedvto use the table ha. I said well have you decided to sell I hope, & what's your best price? She didn't want it at all, sold it to me for $25.
I got it home, inspected it more thoroughly, had a wonderful surprise. Inside tucked away we're 2 original Singer attachment boxes, with all attachments inside, even bobbins, old sewing feet, everything there. Best of all, the receipt with the date 1941, & the original paperwork that came with the machine when it was new, old, dusty, but still there. I was elated. A true prize of a deal.
Now, having begun as a buyer, I sell only. I might buy an item once or twice a year. But I have a house full of great items, & my plans have changed a bit, so I'm selling items to change theme of home, also selling household things I don't truly need.
Fabrics, upholstery, kitchen items, books, LP albums, books, China, antiques, lamps, glassware, art decor. I enjoy it.
Having begun as a buyer, I try to keep in mind what a buyer experiences as I sell things. I especially try to be patient, as I know the buyer is stressed already, driving a ways, sometimes far, spending money, I have to respect that. It's been an adventure. I've met some interesting ppl.
Thanks OfferUp.
- Ellerbee
Ooops spelling.
*New Caney.
**Not a lost cause.
Sorry!
I'm so sorry. I think I posted my rather long reply to this on the wrong thread. I will try again. Pls forgive. Don't know what I'm doing. I was trying to reply to Elin's question re "what do you use OfferUp for mainly?"
- Ellerbee
Repeat answer.
Sorry.
"Hi everyone. Happy to be a part of OfferUp community. Thankful to have happened on such nice & HELPFUL folks in here as well.
I started on OfferUp in I think 2015 or 16 as a buyer. Buying an older home, I wanted nothing new, only character filled furniture, items, art, a few antiques to put in my new2me home. I got a little focused on antique chairs, but everything I purchased thru OfferUp then, was a good buy, the right price, & exactly as described, except for maybe 1 item I drove all the way to New Caney TX for. But even that drive was not a lost cause. One item was a "not a good deal deal", but I had driven for 2 items, same seller. The 2nd item was an antique (black 1940s) Singer sewing machine, gold accents, gold trim, the real deal, in it's own original fold out table. The seller had only wanted to set her new sewing machine on it, until she realized it housed an old dusty thing. She only wantedvto use the table ha. I said well have you decided to sell I hope, & what's your best price? She didn't want it at all, sold it to me for $25.
I got it home, inspected it more thoroughly, had a wonderful surprise. Inside tucked away we're 2 original Singer attachment boxes, with all attachments inside, even bobbins, old sewing feet, everything there. Best of all, the receipt with the date 1941, & the original paperwork that came with the machine when it was new, old, dusty, but still there. I was elated. A true prize of a deal.
Now, having begun as a buyer, I sell only. I might buy an item once or twice a year. But I have a house full of great items, & my plans have changed a bit, so I'm selling items to change theme of home, also selling household things I don't truly need.
Fabrics, upholstery, kitchen items, books, LP albums, books, China, antiques, lamps, glassware, art decor. I enjoy it.
Having begun as a buyer, I try to keep in mind what a buyer experiences as I sell things. I especially try to be patient, as I know the buyer is stressed already, driving a ways, sometimes far, spending money, I have to respect that. It's been an adventure. I've met some interesting ppl.
Thanks OfferUp.
- Ellerbee
"
Level 9
Hi @EllerBeeCharmer, Welcome to Community Forum. Leave comments and give somes thumb up and Kudos earns somes badges along the way.
"I was trying to reply to Elin's question re "what do you use OfferUp for mainly?" Using tag in front of the username to get swift respond like I did your at top. For example, if you want to tag someone or @Elin. This is how you did it. Have you check out others topic in the OC Forum been discussed. Good luck at buying on OfferUp app.
Tags (1)
At first to sell stuff, then I got hooked on everything that’s for sale and I ended up buying more then I was selling
Smiley Very Happy
And now I been getting hired and helping people lose weight and mainly with their nutrition Smiley Happy
My New Home!
Level 1
For my addiction to Nikes I've scored some of the best SB dunks on the low low here
There are tons of tips and iseas on avoiding tgis as best we can. It happens. I however have made far more good acquaintances than bad on this app. We have to realuze not all are dealing with a full deck especially in social skills😂 But it is uncalled for regardless of the persons mental capabilities. I hope you meet some good folks and sell or buy your heart out! @Shoefreak1 .... Thanks for the tag @StevenY , I have been super busy with the botique lately and haven't had much socializing time here. I'm catching up!
Highlighted
Level 9
Hi @RaingirlVIP81, thanks for sharing tips with members Community Forum. We're already missed. Glad you're back and continues contributing make this Community great. Thank you.