What does being neighborly mean to you?

SOLVED
Level 1
Hdi
Level 1

Level 1
Wiiiuues A
Level 1
@0317 😂😂😂 You're too funny but I respect your honesty!
Level 1
🤔 Neighborly to me is when you have a dog don't let him/her bark all times of the night to the point it becomes a nuisance. It also means mind your own business don't be too much in the mix. Yes, it's ok to be cordial without being all buddy-buddy! Also respect people's property & keep your grass cut people. Don't you hate it when everybody else's lawn is nice and cut but you have that one neighbor who's house look like a jungle!
Community Helper
-Ciao' @SS2018-
Yes...
Identical situation!!!
😕
Moving soon... 👍
Tags (1)
Level 9

@SS2018 a good neighbor might offer to mow their neighbors grass for them,,,,,,I got busy last summer and someone mowed my front yard for me three times i think,,,,,not sure who,,,,,,,ive mowed a few of my neighbors yards for them ,,,,,,one neighbor , i used to mow her alley when i did mine all the time,,,,,and then she started edging my yard when she edged along her driveway and she also pressure washed my walk way ,,,we never discussed it.,,,,it just happened,,,,,,,,,,,another neighbor , a renter ,when they moved in , they had no lawn mower ,,,,i mowed their lawn a couple times and told one of my other neighbors to mow it one t ime when i saw him mowing,,,when the new renter got thier lawn mower,,,,,,he thought it was great that people just mowed his lawn for him,,,he was offering to mow everyones lawn,,,,,,I was telling my neighbor across the street that he should mow his neighbors front yard,,,,,,but hes not gonna do it,,,,,but it would be easier to mow his neighbors yard for him than it will be to fight the dandilions that start springing up in his own yard because of it.,,,,,as far as the barking dogs,,,,,,,,,,,,i have found it works well to just become friends with your local animal control officer,,,,,,,sometimes i think it would be best to tie the dog owner up in the back yard and let the dog have the house,,,,,,,,,why people have dogs t hey dont care about ,,,,,i dont get,,,,,,,,,,,,,we had a guy like that for a while on our block,,,,,one neighbor purchased one dog from him and rehomed it,,,,,,,,,then his  next dog,,,,someone stole it from him one night,,,,,,,,,,,im sure the dog went willingly.

Highlighted
Level 1
@3017 It's not exactly my next door neighbor who's grass that needs to be cut it's actually a couple houses down. They have signs that says no trespassing or soliciting so it's kind of hard to make contact. I've never really seen anyone outside but there's definitely people living there. Now as far as the dog situation it's my next door neighbor and I've complained several times to animal control and the only thing they did was send out one letter. Not sure what to do next when nothing is being done. Any suggestions?
Community Helper
@0317
---Very Neighborly---
"GTK" 👍
Level 9

Well @SS2018 what works for me , may not work for you,,,,,,,a friend of mine was having a problem with some stuff going on  on 4th of july,,,,,he called the police about something,,,,,,,,the police didnt really do anything to help,,,,,,he called me,,,,,,,i drove over and ended up calling the police about something having to do with the same group,,,,,,,the police didnt help me out much either,,,,,,,,,so i drove over to my city councelmans place and raised hell and asked him to call t he police,,,,,,,,,the problem was taken care of,,,,,,I think its always a good idea to get to know the city counsel,,,,,,,,but using the right words when talking to them is what gets action,,,,,,,,,,,,,,as far as the guys lawn though,,,,,,,,,,come on ,,,,,its his property,,,,,,,,but some citys have ordinances about your lawn,,,,,,check it out,,,,,,if your city does,,,,,talk to code enforcement,,,,,,,,,,,i would not personaly do that,,,,,,,,,i do not want code enforcement in my neighborhood,,,,,,,,,,,,i personal break a few city codes,,,,,ones i dont agree with,,,,ones i believe are against my constitutional rights and just down right unamerican,,,,,,,,,the dogs barking , i think if you just call the police when the dogs are barking ,call repeatedly ,,,,,eventualy something will be done,,,,,,,i had a neighbor with ten roosters that would start crowing like at 4 in the morning in the middle of the winter,,,,,they were confused because the woman had a light on for them,,,,,i put the roosters on speaker phone and called dispatch raising hell about it untill something was done about it,,,,,,,recently ive had a problem with peoples rabbits finding thier way into my yard,,,,,,,,i dont bother animal control with them,,,,,,they eat my garden,,,i just eat them,,,,,