What does being neighborly mean to you?

SOLVED
Level 10! You're a 10!
@Fureek--That's awesome!! I love this post!! As soon as I read it, I remembered--Tool Time!!😀😁 It's great to be neighborly!!
Level 3
On a serious note, I think being neighborly could mean a lot of things but to me it's simply lending a helping hand without having to be asked. For example, my next door neighbors were gone for a month (they informed me they were going to be out of town) so I watered their lawn here and there, and if they got a package delivered, I held onto it for them until they returned.
Level 10! You're a 10!
@Fureek--That's great that you took the time to help your neighbors, especially when they were away!! We all need neighbors like you with the same type of kindness!! Thanks so much for your response!!
Level 10! You're a 10!
@Fureek-
---Very Neighborly!
Especially watering their lawn "and" picking up their mail! 👍😊
Level 2
Minding my business and them doing the same . I am probably the least neighborly person. I’m not rude but I do want to be left alone privacy respected .
Level 10! You're a 10!
@Ctweetsbirds
---Respect your contribution to this topic---
"To each his own" 👍😊
Tags (1)
Level 2
Being thoughtful of your neighbor even though they let their dog s*** on your
Level 1
As times get tougher and people become more desperate, or sociopathic, whichever, I find myself shying away from being my affable, kind generous human self, sharing and caring as in the last year in trying to just be kind and help or ask for help, narcissistics have ruined my sense of charity, grace, and, well, saftey!. My first reaction is to reach out. Say hi, ask how you're doing, and mean it. I'm the kind of person who if your tag is sticking out of your shirt, I'll apologize as I tuck your tag in. Let you cut in line. Give the change you cant find in your purse/pocket. It's a battle every day to resist the urge to "look the other way" instead of being open to an exchange of kindness for fear of being hurt. So, right now, I'd say just being kind, basic acknowledgement as you pass someone on the street or at the store is a start. I feel most invisible in public. It seems some people actually think there is no one but them in the universe, and it makes me sad. I just wanna say hi, wanna play? But those days are gone for now. Maybe someday by some miracle, well be able to be free to be kind and enjoy our neighbors, brothers sisters ???
I hope so.
Level 10! You're a 10!
@Terribell1--Hello & welcome to the OfferUp Community Forum!! I hope you have a great time interacting with other buyers and sellers, along with community members!! Thank you for being so welcoming!!
Level 1
Being neighborly means to me helping my neighbors out when they need it. Being there for my neighbors in the event of an emergency and just being a good friend