What’s going on with OfferUp?

Level 2

I bought an item in OfferUp. It has been 3 weeks that I paid and haven’t receive the item. I reported to OfferUp several times with no answer. I sent several messages and the seller said that he will send me the tracking number but never did ( that was 2 weeks ago) then after that he didn’t answer my emails. I was lucky that I paid with PayPal. I reported to PayPal for full refund. After that,he found out that I reported him to PayPal, he sent me an email furious. Then next day,yesyerday, I check OfferUp and ALL emails are erased, everything has been erased like I never did any transaction. Nothing, like I never spoke to him. Everything disappeared. What’s going on? This is a fraud. If anyone in OfferUp read this, Can you explain me What’s happened?.

26 REPLIES
Level 6
You went off the app to purchase an item. You didn't use Offerup's payment method, so you have no buyer protection. It's not Offerup's fault whatsoever. It is completely on you since you went off app to get it shipped to you.
Level 2

Hi, I did everything thru OfferUp. You can use PayPal with OfferUp. I mustly do it like that.

Level 2

Yes, I never said that I when out of OfferUp. All the transactions where done tru OfferUp, but know everything is erase like didn’t happened.

Level 2

Oh and OfferUp do shipping know.

Level 6
You cannot do Paypal. You went outside to pay for it therefore you cannot have protection. To get protection from Offerup, you have to go through the app and pay with Offerup. Offerup allows you to track the shipment because of Offerup's shipping label that gets generated when you actually go through the app and not an outside source.
Level 6
I have shipped through Offerup which is why I know this. I wish I could have used Paypal. I would've gotten paid a bit faster.
Level 2

When I when to pay OfferUp gave me the choice to pay with PayPal. PayPal give me protection too,But my concern is not the protection. My concern is the all the email conversations tru OfferUp has been erased completely, like never happened. Thanks God I pay with PayPal because they have records of the transaction, they warranty my money back. Again my question is Why all emails and conversations thru OfferUp has been erased?

Level 2

I have bought several items thru OfferUp from all around USA and pay all except one with PayPal and they one I didn’t use because the seller didn’t have PayPal, I paid with Apple pay plus both of them use my American Express card that give me points for buying and give me buyers protection too. 

Highlighted
Level 6
I cannot answer that question because it seems that the buyer has blocked you. I would recommend paying through the app and not outside the app. You would have been able to track your shipment at any point if you did that.