What you need to know about the forums.

SOLVED
Highlighted
Level 9

I’ve been seeing a lot of people trying to post what they are selling in the forums. Wanting people to look at what they are selling. It’s not allowed and you can’t see what they are selling from the forums. It’s not the place for it. You can post your pictures with the OfferUp app and buy and sell, but in the forums there is no way to look it up or see it.  The forums are for meeting your neighbors, talking about how to sell, giving tips and advice. Yes, just to chat or blow off steam at times. So telling people what you have will not help you. Use the app to post sales and the forums to talk. Hope this helps people understand. Good luck to everyone and please come to the chat room to give advice and just to say hi and get advice and tips too. Hope to see you in the forums.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Level 9

@Jag3   My profile says 80 percent also. I will not open a Facebook account. People have given me great reviews. If that’s not enough then I don’t know what to say. I just don’t like Facebook. Don’t need it.

11 REPLIES 11
Have never been on Facebook - do not intend to join. But am seeing only 80% acceptable profile designation (because refuse to join Facebook?).
Am only on LinkedIn due to my professional backgrounds.
Why is that not acceptable instead of Facebook?
Level 9

@Jag3  I myself won't use Facebook or as I've heard it called Fakebook and my profile only shows 60% complete. It hasn't affected my sales, and I don't put much stock in it. If you have good product and your reputable then that will be what people see. That five star rating is important so guard it. Good luck and success!

Level 9

@Jag3   My profile says 80 percent also. I will not open a Facebook account. People have given me great reviews. If that’s not enough then I don’t know what to say. I just don’t like Facebook. Don’t need it.

Level 9

@Jag3  If people use LinkedIn due for payment then they are no longer on OfferUp. If there is a problem then OfferUp cannot help them. OfferUp encourage people to stay in the app. 

Level 9

@Jag3   LinkedIn due Isn’t a payment that OfferUp supports. Has nothing to do with Facebook. People can take what ever payment they want. But if you need help, OfferUp can’t help because you went outside the OfferUp app. Stay on the app for every thing you buy or sell. Now, why do they want you to join Facebook? I have no idea. I’m thinking it’s a marketing thing. 

Level 9

@Jag3   OfferUp doesn’t encourage people to go outside of the app to get paid. When using a payment like  LinkedIn due, You go outside of the OfferUp app. You can do it but OfferUp can’t help you if you do. It’s best to stay on the OfferUp app for payment. Unless it’s a meetup. That’s cash and carry.

Level 9

OfferUp doesn’t encourage people to go outside of the app to get paid. When using a payment like  LinkedIn due, You go outside of the OfferUp app. You can do it but OfferUp can’t help you if you do. It’s best to stay on the OfferUp app for payment. Unless it’s a meetup. That’s cash and carry.

Level 9

@Jag3   It’s best to stay in the app when taking any payment other than meetups. Meetups are cash only.

Level 8
I do agree with you on Facebook I don't like Facebook eider to much b's going on.