offer up charging listing fee now for electronics ?? is it time to deactivate??

SOLVED
Level 3

had some dj equepment to sell listed it in audio electronics said i did not pay the fee to list it and it was removed anyone els having to pay to list ???? i have the most current update ,and there is nothing about a fee to sell electronics.

i got this message

Although most things can be sold on OfferUp for free, there are fees to post some items. There is a fee to post Full set up dj equipment. We have removed your post because you did not pay the required fee. Please make sure you have downloaded the most current version of the OfferUp app so that you are aware of all associated fees prior to posting. It's important to remember that if you don't pay these fees, even by mistake, your listings may be removed. Any action by a seller to avoid paying a fee is strictly prohibited.

Thank you for being part of the OfferUp community!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Community Helper
Have you contacted support? There shouldn't be a fee if not posting more than 3 cars.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
Community Helper
Have you contacted support? There shouldn't be a fee if not posting more than 3 cars.

View solution in original post

Level 3

have not listed any cars for sale just speakers and turntables

Community Helper
I was just trying to say the only posts that should get fees associated with them are car listings. If you post more than 3 cars in a month, you get hit with fees. Contact support if you haven't. https://offerup.com/support/new/
Level 3

thank you just sent a message to support why they are saying there is a fee to post electronics i dont know but if that be the case time to go i have the latest update and version

Highlighted
Community Helper
Hey there
@rapant
Just to add to the topic:
OfferUp is totally "free" to post items on their app.There is, however, posting fees for vehicles. Possibly, you may have included something within the title, that flagged your post. How many times have you tried to post? Would try again
Level 3

contacted customer support they said it was flaged by mistake it was restored. posted once

Community Helper
GTK @rapant!
Level 9
In the email they specifically state a fee to post "full dj equipment"?
It appears that they know it is not a vehicle
I would not be surprised if this is another new change that wasn't announced. The email seems very clear. ?