selling

SOLVED
Level 4
Help I've been a n offer up seller for a few years and lately my items are not selling I don't know if it is the price or something else please help any advice thank you
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Level 9
What are you selling?

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
Highlighted
Level 9
I've also experinced highs and lows over the years.

Even with quality, reasonably priced items.

Could be that people aren't searching for your specific items in your area, try to change the zip a little off to have a slightly broader reach.

Keep in mind, some items just sell faster than other.

If you want a way to stand out, take good images and offer a short, yet comprehensive description.

Also archieve the old post and repost every two weeks or so.
Community Helper
@Plekanof Here’s a link below with members giving Pro-tips top three tips when selling items. Hope you find these tips helpful. Happy new year! 😎🇬🇧🔚

https://community.offerup.com/t5/Pro-Tips/What-are-your-top-3-tips-when-selling-items/m-p/452#M98
Are the prices competitive? Before I post anything I check ebay and facebook market and google to get an idea of current value. Then I mark it down so that potential buyers doing the same research see that you have the best deal. It's a supply and demand game as well. Check to see if there's an over saturation of your item already being sold. If there is you'll have to stand out by making it cheaper or sweetening the deal by adding something extra. It can be emotional knowing you're losing the money you invested into something by not selling it for the price you know you deserve for it but if no one buying then you're not making money anyway.

Example, I bought a nice coffee table for 300 and it's in like new condition. If it's on sale for 260 then I'd hope I could get at least 150 for it so I'd put it on offer up for $200 or also mentioning I'm willing to negotiate. If someone is interested but can only do 120 I'd counter 180 and expect them to barter back 140... the idea is to meet in the middle at $150 which is what I expected for it anyway. If you make realistic expectations and due diligence by researching the online market for that item, you'll be able to sell anything! I hope that helped!
Level 4
Thank you for the advice i appreciate it i have always been competitive with my prices prior to listing i have tried to take good pictures I have always been very descriptive about my items except for the last week maybe it is the items I'm selling?
Level 9
What are you selling?

View solution in original post

Level 1
I am selling arts and Crafts.All my articles are having many buyers views yet none has been bought.Is it because of prices or what reason
I posted a dining table and chairs for months now no one brought 😌 also a Mercedes hard top
I have a question. If you were to just put the $150 firm. Do you get people still bartering you or even paying your price? Also do you post items daily? Just looking for tips. I while back I placed an air conditioner was about $400 to $500 new. Was an older model and didnt have the remote. At the time I could use the money at the time so tried going low. Seamed people thought I was desperate. Results were alot of people tying to low ball me to $40 even lower. So I raised my price to $80 a fair price yet still a deal. I had someone jump on the deal instantly. It was not an individual trying to resale my item but someone who needed it. I think people see if you a whole sale they expect you to deal more so than if your selling thing that you bought new.
Community Helper
@Miguelgortega--Hello & welcome to the OfferUp Community Forums!! Even if you put an item for sale, & indicate the price is firm, there may be people that still send you messages to see if there's room for negotiation, etc. You have to use your judgement, & only you know what you paid for the item(s) so the ball is really in your court.

You can respectfully decline the offer. Also I've had situations where I've been offered a really low amount & I've negotiated with the person & we we're able to reach an amount we could both live with. Thanks so much for your time and sharing your experience!!