takes a while for people to respond on this app

SOLVED
Highlighted
Level 4
bad buisness
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Level 7
@canecorso1, I agree. A motivated seller would respond quickly enough. However, I had people msg me at obscene hours of the night and then get mad when I responded to them the next morning. I am sort of leery of these people because they always want me to meet up with them late at night. Sorry, that's a big red flag for me. I always politely tell them I only meet up in the day and ofcourse I never hear back from them. No surprises there.
10 REPLIES 10
Community Helper
@canecorso1-Lately I've noticed the same thing. Someone will inquire about an item, I respond within seconds, & then may not hear anything thereafter for a couple of days. That's not the app per say, it's the lack of follow through from the potential buyer/seller. Thanks so much for your response!!
Level 9
It indicates lack of interest. Probably just mass messages on multiple items just because they can. If they don't bother checking response that was received immediately, I don't bother when they get back to me a week later. Just move on.
Community Helper
@RevivalGypsy--I totally agree with you!! The funny thing is I've experienced situations where the person won't respond initially, somehow believe the item belongs to them, & when it's sold their upset. #strange 🙂😁
Level 9
Lol! This app has hardened me. I am admittedly nicer on other apps. I don't have time for the nonsense here.
Community Helper
@RevivalGypsy--That's a great thing!! It's important to stick to your expectations!! Thanks for sharing!!
Level 7
@canecorso1, I agree. A motivated seller would respond quickly enough. However, I had people msg me at obscene hours of the night and then get mad when I responded to them the next morning. I am sort of leery of these people because they always want me to meet up with them late at night. Sorry, that's a big red flag for me. I always politely tell them I only meet up in the day and ofcourse I never hear back from them. No surprises there.
Level 4
Thank You I'm not the only one that feels this way I believe if you sell be available not a month later and respond
Level 4
never met weird people but sometimes your holding conversation about a item and you don't get another response is it the computer talking for a while are something weird going on
Level 7
@canecorso, while it is possible it could be a glitch, usually it isn't. It is usually people ghosting you, sad to say. There are too many Window Shoppers, Trolls and people who change there mind, but aren't polite enough to tell you that. You will see quite a number of threads on this forum regarding Flakes and No Shows. What can I say, but they can be a real thorn in the flesh! I guess it just comes with the territory. Sigh.😞