Basic Troubleshooting 101

Community Manager

“Sometimes bad things happen in the cloud.”

neonbrand-428978-unsplash.jpg

Experiencing technical difficulties is almost always frustrating, but it doesn’t have to be! Most technical issues can be resolved by completing a few quick troubleshooting steps. Do you know what to do if your app crashes? Well, you will soon with the following troubleshooting tips.

Have you turned the device off and on again?

You’ve probably heard this phrase at least once or twice in your life. This is almost always the first question a technical support associate will ask when contacted about tech issues. Restarting an app can be done a couple different ways - you can either just logout and log back in manually, or force close and reopen the app. Restarting the device as well as restarting the app session will typically resolve the underlying issue 9 times out of 10 Smiley Happy

Still having troubles?

If restarting the app didn’t help, there are a couple other things you can still try. Switching between WiFi and your data plan can also help, or double checking to make sure you’re on the most recent version of the app. If you are on the most recent version and still having troubles, try completely uninstalling and reinstalling the app.

adult-beard-business-845451.jpg

If you have tried all of the above steps and you are still having difficulties, you’ll want to reach out to our Customer Care team and give them any pertinent information so we can investigate. Typically, when troubleshooting, our Care team will need to know all about the device you are using, which includes -

1. Phone make and model
  2. Phone operating system
  3. App version
  4. The steps you took which resulted in an error
  5. Any screenshots or exact error code

Do you have any troubleshooting tips? Be sure to share below!

40 Comments
Block Captain

Getting Error whenever we try to offer/post messgae.

Community Manager

Hey there, @Agnusa! Have you tried the steps above? If you're still seeing an error message after trying the troubleshooting steps, you'll want to reach out to the Customer Care team Smiley Happy

noone can read my mesages comented like 20 people hours ago and still nothing 

Community Manager

Welcome to the community, @rubensolo4444! Your account appears to be in good standing - have you tried the troubleshooting steps above? 

Well I hope I fixed the error thank you for the heads up everybody. 

Community Manager

🙌🏻 Woohoo, @Matix363! That's what we like to hear Smiley Happy

not working still i tried everything i commented people like 2 hours ago over like 7 people they cannot read my messages i commented my wife she has offerup too told me she cannot read my messages and sometimes take like 1 hour to get 1 rrspond back still not working! what is going on???
Community Manager

@rubensolo4444 You'll want to use the link above to contact the Customer Care team then Smiley Happy

okey still not working commented like 7 people and noone reaponds still only 1 person after 2 hours told me she berly got my message what is going on?? i fell like deleting my account permanetly not usefull
Block Captain

I dont know why me trying to send messages to people got disabled ? Please help im missing so many offers

Level 2

I’m wondering if something is wrong with my account. When I first opened this account it was amazing how much response I was getting!  I had a hard time Keeping up. And all of a sudden, when I hit my first month as a member, it’s like someone turned off the water. I get very few who text me and those who do are the ones who seem to only want to frustrate and not to buy. I have also noticed that my new offers do not get displayed in the main page... or at least I don’t see them get posted anymore. What happened!?  I was averaging about $90 a week. For the past two weeks it’s been $0 

Neighbor

Yes like my phone home screen won’t work I turned it off and turned it back on it doesn’t work gotta take it to apple

I (and others) no longer get the ka-ching sound when i get a message. Unless i have the phone in my hand and see a message has come in i will not even know i have a message. This has been going on for 2 wks. Please help

Level 10! You're a 10!

Error messages

I always recommend updating the app and clearing any cache/cookies for each device and browser you use to connect to OfferUp on. This will give your app a little refresh and typically resolves most error messages.,

You can troubleshoot yourself by signing out (clearing app cache / data) and then try to sign back in.

If the issue persists, you can ask if the servers are down for maintenance — at the OfferUp Twitter 

Level 10! You're a 10!

Error when trying to send a message

Are you getting an error message every time saying something along the lines of “Please refresh page and try again.” If so try moving from you phone to your computer to see if you get the same error.,

Are you dealing with a high value item?, If so It could mean you or the seller needs to verify their phone number through the mobile app. It’s because of keeping both members safety when dealing in high value items., if so you will need to contact the OfferUp customer care. 😎🇬🇧

Level 10! You're a 10!

Also Error messages saying your about to Violate OfferUp guidelines

Community Standards/Guidelines:  https://ask.offerup.com/887968861

Posting Rules: https://ask.offerup.com/887969001

Usually mean you are doing something against OfferUp guidelines, which is fixable! Just make sure you aren't sending out personal information or sending people the same exact message as it may be flagged as spam. This person should help you moving forward. If your still having issues, I would recommend contacting,

You should be able to message after 24/48 hours, if not again contact OfferUp customer care. 😎🇬🇧

Neighbor

Getting r37kprmm error

Community Leader

Trying to send a message but will not let me comes back with an errorsaying I may be in violation community guidelines tried doing that can I find out any information please let me know what to do thank you Dustyn

Level 10! You're a 10!

@BIGGIE-D 

Here you go.,

Error messages saying your about to Violate OfferUp guidelines

Community Standards/Guidelines:  https://ask.offerup.com/887968861