Become a Super Shipper!

Community Manager

If you remember our blog post back in November about enhanced profiles, you’ll recall that we released a set of badges with the power to help you build your reputation in our marketplace. Now that we’ve launched shipping and we’re giving you the opportunity to buy and sell across the country, we’re adding a new badge with some nationwide cred…

blogpost-supershipper.png

Super Shipper

ˈso͞opər|SHipər

Noun

An official OfferUp profile badge that indicates a seller is a reliable and reputable shipper of things! Fun fact: there are only 176 Super Shippers on OfferUp as of this post, but that number is on the rise.

How do I get it?!

You know what they say, “Trust isn’t given, it’s earned.” Similar to life’s other highest honors, receiving the Super Shipper badge does require some effort, but instilling a sense of trust in your buyers right when they click into your OfferUp profile makes it all worthwhile.

Three conditions must be met in order to receive this badge:

1. You’ve gotta have some experience. Badge earners have successfully completed at least two shipping transactions.
  2. You’re someone who follows through. You’ve shipped at least 80% of all shipping offers that you’ve accepted.
  3. You’re fast. You’ve shipped at least 60% of your items within our 3 day window.

Keeping your Super Shipper honors

The best way to ensure you’re a lifetime Super Shipper is by forming good habits right from the start. If you know you won’t be able to make it to the post office in 3 days, maybe give yourself a couple days before accepting the offer. Pro tip: You have 48 hours to accept a shipping offer as a seller before our system cancels it. That really helps when you get an offer on a Monday and you know you can’t make it to the post office until Friday!

0_bOBto5KFiD9Obsr8.png

Ready to join the Super Shipper ranks? Get out there and get shipping!

This blog post can originally be found here Smiley Happy

38 Comments
Neighbor

Can anyone tell me for 3 days now I can not upload a profile picture. It keeps saying can't upload try later. I have done everything I can. Is there a problem with that.

Thank you

Neighbor

Why is it I can't upload a profile picture or do anything you posted. I have not been able to for weeks now, so I have no photo. There is no enhancing my profile because all it keep saying unable to upload try again. And I even tried several different pics. What do i do

Woow contact offer up. They may be able to help you

Neighbor

Sometimes I have issues if my WiFi connection isn’t strong enough and if it’s running on my phones data esp.

Level 9

@TJ111  @Alekscano  @Ginastreasures 

Welcome to the OfferUp Community. Check out  this guide  it covers the ins and outs of using this Online Community. 

Join in on conversation with comments or questions. Hand out a kudo or two, and earn badges.

Helpful Tip: To identify whom you are responding to put this @ in front of their username. Like I did with your username.

@TJ111

@Alekscano  gave good advice. You will need to contact the Customer Care Team  here.

I would love to hear more from each of you. Smiley Happy

When you're selling something for the first time that has to ship, it gives the amount of what it costs. But Is that the real amount? Do I go through this app or tell the customer how much it costs to ship and include that in the price? First time using this feature on this app! Please help! 

Level 1

Smiley Very Happy

Awesome, I can't wait to become a SUPER SHIPPER!!!

Community Manager

I believe in you, @amjones86!! I know that @RevivalGypsy is a Super Shipper Smiley Very Happy

JH8
Level 1

Just a note: you don't have to take a trip to the post office to mail your package. You can arrange pick up from where ever you are, home or office. It's easy just go on line at USPS . com

If it's a small package just give it to your mail carrier. 

I got a message saying I recieved this badge but there's nothing there.

Level 5

@Mj_206 How about Super Elite + shipper? Smiley Very Happy I sell alot on ebay also, most of stuff has 1 day handling. So all my packages are shipped out following day if not same day. As a consumer myself I know how important it is to get hands on your newly ordered online goody bag. 

I think Offerup needs to differentiate between people who are really serious about selling stuff online on daily basis vs occasional sellers. (Maybe a paid monthly subscription?) For users who sell on ebay and other forums can pay for it. Ofcourse if it generates sales. Maybe feature their listings in deals of the day page or send it out via email. 

Level 2

I receive a notice saying I am a super shipper but it isn’t showing up anywhere. How can I fix this?? 

@-Jess

same here! Mine never shows up

Level 5

No super shipper badge here either.

Level 3

Was excited to get the message I'm a super shipper but 3days now and no badge, bummer.....  Any answers from anyone yet?

Level 2

Still no word about the badge for “super shipper”. 

@-Jess no word I don't think its on the priority list so there's no telling how long it will be...

Level 3

Finally got it!  Looks so pretty Smiley Happy

Wooop Wooop! Super Shipper stat appeared!! ✨💞🌟

Just a fast reminder, Monday is a holiday and the mail doesn't run so Sunday and Monday no packages will be moving and unfortunately that cuts down on our shipping time. I'm trying to get everything scanned tomorrow or Saturday morning. 

Community Manager

@BrightMoonstone you get items shipped out SOOOOOO QUICK!!!!!! Good reminder on the holiday - will also push back receiving payments by a day. 

Edit - sorry for not updating this thread earlier!! The badge issue was fixed earlier this week. Thanks for helping me identify this bug everyone!

It’s all about how I packaged my items 👍🏻🙏🏻

Neighbor

Hey guys I'm planning on buying a grill , and of course it's more heavy than 200 lbs, which is like the maximum a seller can go to ( I think?) 

Does the buyer protection plan still applies if I receive it damaged or something? 

Community Manager

Hi there, @Etseix. I recommend not purchasing anything over 20 pounds. We calculate shipping costs based on the weight of the item. If a seller sends an item that is over 20lbs and their label is only good for items under 20lbs, the buyer would be responsible for any additional shipping costs. There was one community member that purchased 4 tires and had to pay more than $400 in shipping charge adjustments. Please stick to 20lbs and under Smiley Happy

@Etseix Buyer protection is also only for shipped items. A 200lb grill will cost a fortune to ship. Not within Offerup shipping requirements.

Neighbor
@BrightMoonstone @Mj_206 

To be honest I have no problem paying the additional fees for shipping ,  as long as I know that the buyer protection kicks in, in case you know,  something bad goes on. If I pay for the shipping and everything, and the product is damaged, will the buyer protection help me out (as in to get my money back?

@

@Etseix I got it just letting other people know because some don't know its just for shipping.

Level 4

@Mj_206

I noticed some members have levels listed beside their names, (level 1) .  What does the level system indicate and how does it work? Thank you

Level 4

I noticed some members have levels listed beside their names, (level 1) .  What does the level system indicate and how does it work? Thank you

How do I run ads on offer up for my small business?

I also want to join as a super shipper Smiley Happy

Captain

My shipping option has disappeared and I don’t know how to get it back.

Same here after update I can’t do it either 

Community Manager

Hey guys! If you verify your phone or email, does the shipping option return?

Level 3

Any word on how to get back the shipping option? I’ve. It had mine at least for a month.

thanks,

Zarah

SO THEY CAN HELP PEOPLE WAY IN PANAMA BUT CANT HELP THE PEOPLE THATS HERE IN THERE OWN COUNRTY THATS HAVING  THE MOST RIDICULOUS TIME RECIEVING THEIR MONEY!!??!! O YALL FUNNY AS HELL! YALL HAVE HUNDREDS OF UNSATISFIED SELLERS ON YALL PAGE BUT YET WANNA PROMOTE BULL TO KEEP PEOPLE USING YALL APP IF I DONT GET MONEY FROM THIS BULL OFFER UP APP IM TAKING LEGAL ACTIONS AGAINST OFFER UP! & TO ALL THOES WHI ARE READING THIS AND ARE ON THE SAME BOAT I HIGHLY ENCOURAGE U GUYS TO DO THE SAME!

Level 1

Love shipping on here but I hate the $500 limit 😖

You haven’t received your money 

Level 2

I think the Super Shipper badge is a great idea. It gives the buyer an assurance and confidence in the seller. Problem I have is that I earned the Super shipper badge but it keeps on disappearing from my public profile.  I no that it can be taken away , but I have followed alI guidlines that are needed to retain my Badge. I was wondering if anybody else is having this issue ? Thanks for your time.