Community Tips On How To Use The Forums

Community Manager

adult-business-close-up-433495.jpg

You may have read my post on getting the most out of the forums, but who better to get tips from than one of our own top posters? Hear from another community member like yourself! These great tips come from @Shupat - thanks again for offering up these awesome tips! @Shupat has been in our Online Community since November, and has accumulated 13 badges in that time - including some of the really hard badges to acquire like the 100 replies badge! WIthout further ado, here are some great tips from @Shupat

Getting Started In The Forums: Top 3 Tips

1. Familiarize yourself with the forum guidelines and features:
    Threads, Search, Private Messaging, Notifications, etc.
  1. Interacting with others: 
     If you are responding to someone specifically or want members to respond to you put this @ in front of their username.
  1. Learn your way around:
    Check out all four Forums, Blogs and Announcements:
    Welcome, Pro Tips, Local Connections and Small Business Secrets
    Ask questions, join conversations, handout Kudos, be respectful of other people’s opinions and ideas. It’s okay to disagree and have different opinions but present your case tactfully.

Top 3 Tips For Using The Forums
Use the forums to learn, build relationships, build the community and share.

1. Learn:
    You will learn a ton of information from the forums. This information is vital to your success and safety. There is so much to learn from building and maintaining your offers page to planning your first meet up and beyond. You will find the answers here in the forums.
  2. Community:
    A strong sense of community and friendship grows when you realize that you are not alone. Shared interest brings us together. Our highs and our lows. That commonality helps in building relationships and connections.
  3. Share:
    Interact with each other using positive energy. Participate and contribute to the discussions. Receive help and give help!

23 Comments
OfferUp employee

I love these! Thank you for sharing your Online Community tips with us @Shupat! Smiley Happy

Level 9

You are so welcome @Elin  Heart

Thank you for your guidance, support and help. 

Thank u

Captain

I have been a part of OfferUp for a couple months now and didn’t realize the importance of knowing these ins and outs, so I’m just now learning. Thank u.

Super helpful tips for a newee user such as myself thank you so much!

Level 9

@kyrstinjane12,  @Mittydawn3,  @Shawnayanovich

The warmest Welcome To All Of You!  Smiley Happy

May you have all the success you can handle--

Neighbor

Hello 

I just started selling this month. My question is how do you handle buyers that waste Your time saying they will buy and pick up item , then You don't hear from them. Another buyer is interested but you have appointment with someone who flakes out. This is very frustrating and makes me look bad. 

Level 9

Hello @djjoy 

Warmest Welcome to the forum! Smiley Happy

Check out the following topics. This info should help. Please let me know if you still have questions.

Stop wasting time on browsers and no shows! Look here

Top Three Selling Tips here

Level 1

Thank you for the introduction and the tips.

Level 9

@sky5 

Welcome to the forums!

Level 1

@Shupat can I change my login, not my profile but login name to what was recommended when I first signed up a couple days ago? I don't really want @sky5. I was not clear at the time how it would be used. I would like to change it to @sky5. Would I have to recreate my account or would offer up change it at my request?

Community Manager

Welcome, @sky5! I can get that changed for you Smiley Very Happy

Level 1

Wow! You guys are fast! Thank you! Smiley Very Happy

Level 9

Thanks @Mj_206  Smiley Happy

Neighbor

Very good

Level 9

Warmest Welcome To The Community @ART-58-villa !   Smiley Happy

Level 1

This information is very helpful too me.  I plan to use these tactics to my advantage! !!

OfferUp employee

@Mary049 I'm so glad that these tips are helpful! Smiley Happy

Level 2

How do I post an opinion? Not a reply, but an opinion? Can’t see anything that allows me to do it.

Level 9

Hello @Cleansales

Look here for instructions on how to post a new topic.

Thanx for the vital info and i wilk try an apply all i can to succeed in my ventures here ô offerup aod elswere ty

Level 9

Warmest welcome @PUROSURTRESE13 

Level 1

Beware of the scammers...they are getting free jewelery from Wish app and trying to sell on herw for hundreds of dollars..always meet at a jewelery shop and have it checked out before you buy any jewelery from here for high prices..costume jewelery for a couple bucks is different but you can go to my page and see some of the comparisons...they are ripping people off..dont let it be YOU..