Community Manager

Have you ever wondered what it’s like to work at OfferUp? Maybe you’re curious about meeting some of our employees, or are interested in seeing what our office looks like. We’re here today to highlight our Life at OfferUp Instagram page and some of the content included.

Each week, we feature an employee interview on our famous OfferUp couch. So without further ado, let’s meet some of the staff!

jonathan.png 

Meet Jonathan! His original interview can be found on our Life at OfferUp Instagram here. Jonathan is our Director of IT, and he makes sure everything is running smoothly with all of our techy needs.

We asked - “How did you get started in IT?

Jonathan - “I got started in IT in middle school. There was a tech teacher and there were tech T.A.s and all I remember is teachers being mad at us because we had more access to the computers than they did. We did imaging, we built an image, and then we deployed it to a bunch of machines, replacing a classroom of them at a time. It’s also where I got into video editing. We had a small production studio to do morning announcements with the ability to broadcast to the entire school. So 7th-8th grade…I’m not sure how we did that. If there were recordings they would be really funny to look at. The reason why I hold IT to such a high esteem of what it can be is based in that original experience of, “okay, this is how bad it is. Now, how good can it be?

michelle.png

If you’ve ever applied to OfferUp, or completed an interview here, you may have been in contact with our recruiter, Michelle! Michelle’s full interview can be found here.

We asked, “What do you love about recruiting?

Michelle - “Recruiting is awesome because you basically play matchmaker. You get to have conversations with people and find out what motivates and drives them and then pair them with roles and opportunities. I love what I do and love OfferUp - in recruiting, we’re both ambassadors and gatekeepers. We have the ability to influence the direction and culture of the company. That’s so powerful.”

Now for some office highlights. Each month, the entire company gets together for an All Hands meeting. We recently started bringing in some of our community members to ask them about their OfferUp experience. Back in January, we brought in Jennifer and her son Andrew (pictured below with our CEO Nick Huzar) and her story was so moving. After experiencing some hard times, Jennifer had a hard time getting back to working the 9-5. She discovered OfferUp and has seen a ton of success since and hasn’t looked back.

Nick Fireside.png

Not too long ago we moved into our new HQ office, and we furnished our building using items sourced and purchased from OfferUp. Each conference room was designed by our employees, and they all have different themes. Check out this before and after!

Office Before.png

After.png

Being #Neighborly means a lot to us, and we have regular team-building outings and exercises, and we really are like one big family here. Check out some of the fun events we've participated in.

Interns.png

Dinner.png

On that note, give us a follow! We'd love to share our company culture with you Smiley Happy

Team OU.png

Heart Team OfferUp

56 Comments
Level 6

As I was reading, I immediately thought "great decor!" As I continued and read the concept of each conference room, I loved it even more! So cool

Community Manager

@RevivalGypsy you will LOVE this Instagram account then! I think the San Diego or Phoenix rooms are my favorites Smiley Happy

Level 6

I am on an IG hiatus, but will def follow soon. 

Level 10! You're a 10!

---Lots of Team Creativity---

Looks like "fun" 😊

Block Captain

I'm in Love with #offerup more than other apps.

Community Manager

@Kwanzaa I 1000000% agree Smiley Wink Welcome to our community! 

Level 2

Can you help me 

Block Captain

@Emily29 what do u need help with? 

Block Captain

I live in Franklin

Neighbor

Looks great

Nice

Hi all, 

I have a serious concern about a scam allowed to continue on offer up. This guy posts items, receives money but never shipped them. I made sevaral reports on offer up, but only got generic responses.  Nothing to treat the case in hand. Now the same guy has reposted the item to dupe other people with. Please who or where can I contact to stop this scam?

Level 10! You're a 10!

-Ciao' @Tenyson-

---Interesting... not quite sure how they are accomplishing this, since OfferUp has Buyer Protection---👍

Report, Report, Report... Tyvm

Community Manager

@Tenyson With Buyer Protection, and the built-in fraud checks along the way, I can just about guarantee that community members will get banned if they have more than one report stating that they aren't sending the item. Please continue reaching out to our Shipping team. I'll make sure the right people respond.

Neighbor

So I have a thrift and consignment store and I post a lot of the items on your site. I was wondering if I could get a sticker or board type logo advertisement saying that we are part of this community and accept or welcoming customers that are part of it also

Community Manager

Aww, I LOVE this idea @Blessmade! Welcome to the community. I'll look into this!

Problem....my location is clearly set up as Lake Worth FL

suddenly all the listings are posts from all over the country. Just want my area. 

What happened?

Level 6

Maybe shipping nationwide is selected? Go to edit and proceed to last step, uncheck shipping option. 

Block Captain

Can anyone explain me how can I add post about renting property's?

Wish easier to navigate yet this app is.cool!

Community Manager

Welcome to our community, @Goslowkevin65!! We have a blog called Be A Pro At Our Online Community Using This Guide which should help! Smiley Happy

I LOVE Offer Up!  I'm so addicted, I'm looking at it every day.  I do have one problem though. Where the "Make Offer" button is located is the same spot where my "back" arrow is on my phone. If I click the arrow too fast, I've just made an offer!  This has happened to me three times now. I then have to apologize to these people and tell them it was an accident.   I wish you had a "Confirm Purchase" button!  Does anyone else have this problem or is it just me??

Level 10! You're a 10!
-Ciao' @Gypsy57- ---Welcome--- Yes... totally understand what you are saying regarding OfferUps' appeal!!! Check OfferUp sporadically throughout the day... have to be reminded kindly to, "Give it a Rest!" 😁
Level 2

I would like to work at OfferUp.

Level 10! You're a 10!
👍😁👍
Level 3

Awesome! 

Neighbor

Dont like that I cannot select photsp from GOOGLE CLOUD. I KEEP my phone clean of clutter

Neighbor

I don't like that I cannot choose photos from Google Drive I do not keep my photos on my phone takes up too much storage

Neighbor

🌝

Neighbor

Seems this cite is now full of scammers. What a waste

Neighbor

I’m new here how to post my website 

Neighbor

I’m new. Shop here often

Neighbor

I am hesitant about receiving the payment through OfferUp.com. They are asking me for unnecessary information to make a deposit INTO my account including my physical address and part of my social security number. I called my bank and they never heard of a company or an individual needing the seller's information other than the account number. I've been successful selling on this site before, but those sales were cash & carry deals. I'm sorry but this has the markings of a scam; it's just not worth the risk to me for this sale.

Neighbor

@Mj_206 wrote:

Have you ever wondered what it’s like to work at OfferUp? Maybe you’re curious about meeting some of our employees, or are interested in seeing what our office looks like. We’re here today to highlight our Life at OfferUp Instagram page and some of the content included.

Each week, we feature an employee interview on our famous OfferUp couch. So without further ado, let’s meet some of the staff!

jonathan.png 

Meet Jonathan! His original interview can be found on our Life at OfferUp Instagram here. Jonathan is our Director of IT, and he makes sure everything is running smoothly with all of our techy needs.

We asked - “How did you get started in IT?

Jonathan - “I got started in IT in middle school. There was a tech teacher and there were tech T.A.s and all I remember is teachers being mad at us because we had more access to the computers than they did. We did imaging, we built an image, and then we deployed it to a bunch of machines, replacing a classroom of them at a time. It’s also where I got into video editing. We had a small production studio to do morning announcements with the ability to broadcast to the entire school. So 7th-8th grade…I’m not sure how we did that. If there were recordings they would be really funny to look at. The reason why I hold IT to such a high esteem of what it can be is based in that original experience of, “okay, this is how bad it is. Now, how good can it be?

michelle.png

If you’ve ever applied to OfferUp, or completed an interview here, you may have been in contact with our recruiter, Michelle! Michelle’s full interview can be found here.

We asked, “What do you love about recruiting?

Michelle - “Recruiting is awesome because you basically play matchmaker. You get to have conversations with people and find out what motivates and drives them and then pair them with roles and opportunities. I love what I do and love OfferUp - in recruiting, we’re both ambassadors and gatekeepers. We have the ability to influence the direction and culture of the company. That’s so powerful.”

Now for some office highlights. Each month, the entire company gets together for an All Hands meeting. We recently started bringing in some of our community members to ask them about their OfferUp experience. Back in January, we brought in Jennifer and her son Andrew (pictured below with our CEO Nick Huzar) and her story was so moving. After experiencing some hard times, Jennifer had a hard time getting back to working the 9-5. She discovered OfferUp and has seen a ton of success since and hasn’t looked back.

Nick Fireside.png

Not too long ago we moved into our new HQ office, and we furnished our building using items sourced and purchased from OfferUp. Each conference room was designed by our employees, and they all have different themes. Check out this before and after!

Office Before.png

After.png

Being #Neighborly means a lot to us, and we have regular team-building outings and exercises, and we really are like one big family here. Check out some of the fun events we've participated in.

Interns.png

Dinner.png

On that note, give us a follow! We'd love to share our company culture with you Smiley Happy

Team OU.png

Heart Team OfferUp

I am hesitant about receiving the payment through OfferUp.com. They are asking me for unnecessary information to make a deposit INTO my account including my physical address and part of my social security number. I called my bank and they never heard of a company or an individual needing the seller's information other than the account number. I've been successful selling on this site before, but those sales were cash & carry deals. I'm sorry but this has the markings of a scam; it's just not worth the risk to me for this sale.

Block Captain

Great community of people Thank you for making an amazing place to sell our used items....😊 

Block Captain

Hello, admin do you know by any chance why when I posted all the items I wanted to sell it used to say amount of views but now it just says 0 views

Neighbor

Hello why is it I can not edit the annoying messages and the like? 

I'm trying to send a message on offerup to a seller but when I send, it says "Sent" but if I refresh or go to a different part of offerup and go back to messages, the message isn't there anymore

How do u turn of shipping, I only want to see local items

Level 10! You're a 10!

@Boilerman welcome to the OfferUp Community forum,

Boilerman if you’re browsing in the OfferUp app just make sure you tap on “pick up” In the top left corner of your cell phone, then you will browsing items in your local area. 😎🇬🇧🔚

Level 3

How do you post a question?

Community Manager

@lexeye You just did! We also have this blog on how to Be A Pro At Our Online Community Using This Guide.

Level 2

I would love for a real person / employee to contact me about why deposit is taking 2 months everyone of my messages or concerns have been ignored @Elin @Mj_206 

Sounds like a whole lot of awesomeness going on. 

I would love this. 

Didn't know where to notify you, but 33410 and 33418 are not Riviera Beach. They are Palm Beach Gardens.You are mis- locating those zip codes.

Becareful of people on here trying to pay you with fake checks for items I don't know what made her or him think I was going to fall for It it was to many giveaways to let me know it was a scam when you selling something for 300 and they send you .a check for 2300 and tell you to deposit it into your account  and someone will come and pick up the item and the rest of the money is for the person picking it up then the only contact you by email 

Amazing 

Neighbor

No, but I've wondered what it would be like if buyers actually did what they said they would do...lol

Neighbor

I have fine furniture 

Black Friday sale special 

🌻Free delivery 

🌸Tax free 

Till this Friday

Level 10! You're a 10!

@Deodeco Welcome to the OfferUp Community forum,

Deodeco Just a heads up this is a nationwide forum you would probably do better advertising in your local paper. it’s against OfferUp Community forum guidelines to advertise in the forum. When you get a chance check out the OfferUp Community forum guidelines below it will help you moving forward. 😎🇬🇧🔚

Under; Prohibited items guidelines,

Intangible Items

OfferUp is intended for the sale of pindividual, tangible items. Items must exist and be available for immediate sale. Examples of things that are not allowed include:

Services for intangible items such as dog walking, babysitting, and IT support

Advertisements

Links to or information about flea markets, yard sales, and garage sales

URLs or links to websites

Rentals and timeshares

Multi-level marketing schemes and related promotional materials

Job postings

Lost pet addresses

Wanted ads

Solicitations

Digital account transfers

Online Community/Forums:

Community Guidelines: https://community.offerup.com/t5/Welcome/Community-Guidelines/m-p/47#M5