Personalized OfferUp Profile Links

Community Manager

You’re in! We’re giving you VIP, early access to our new personalized OfferUp URLs as a thank you for being a part of our online community.  Translation - You get this before the general public!

Starting today, you can create and personalize your own OfferUp URL! Don’t worry - this won’t go away, but we’re giving you first dibs. This feature will let buyers find you faster and easier, which will hopefully translate to more cash in your pocket. If you remember, we made changes to our users’ profiles about a year ago to help build trust between buyers and sellers and here’s another way we’re supporting that  - we’re so excited! These personalized profile links will be first come, first serve, so be sure to lock down your personalized URL as soon as possible. Be careful of any typos - once the personalized URL is set, it will be yours forever.

Custom Profile Links.png

Creating a personalized URL only takes three easy steps, as pictured below. It’s as simple as navigating to your user profile, selecting “Custom profile link” and type in whatever you’d like to be identified as on OfferUp! Keep in mind, however, that we won’t allow names that include profanity or anything inappropriate.

Create your profile link.png

Excited to choose your name? I know I am! I’ll be more creative than “Mj_206” with my personalized URL. Since I mostly sell makeup, I think I might use “MjsMakeUp” because not only is it cute and fun, but it also lets others know what I mostly sell! So, my direct link would look like offerup.com/profile/MjsMakeUp Smiley Very Happy 💄Once I have my personalized URL, I’ll be able to market my profile even better, post my link on my social accounts, and sell-sell-sell! What are you going to set your personalized URL to?

Note - profile links are allowed to be posted in the comments for this blog. 

40 Comments
Community Helper

No way @Mj_206!

This is EPIC!

Have already created my URL... not as creative as yours, my username (that's what it asked for...)

So excited to start using "my private link!" 

Appreciate the inclusion on this new OU feature 😀

Community Manager

Absolutely, @REMEMBRANCE!! It makes me SO happy that we were able to add this feature for all community members before the general public! It's going to be so much easier to tell people how to find you now!!! Smiley Very Happy

Community Helper

My custom link is alexaidenholley.

Level 2

Hi, I went to my profile page and I don't have the custom profile link on mine. Is not available to all sellers? I am a full time vinyl record seller these days and would really love to be able to use this. 

Level 1

I also don't have the link for the personalized custom link. I looked for a while but was unable to do it....PLZ help

Community Manager

Hey @Jengarcia71! Right now this is turned on for community members that were registered before the 1st, but this will open up to all members shortly! I'll keep you guys updated Smiley Happy

Level 1

Oh 😮 Thankyou for the feedback and yes plz keep us updated on this matter as I'm sure we all are excited to be able to get this! 

Community Leader

Wow, such awesomeness. I'm into organic living and I use OrganicGirl51 a lot; so therefore I am OrganicGirl51 .

Community Manager

Welcome to the community, @OrganicGirl!! 

Level 9

This looks neat, unfortunately don't have the option yet.

Community Manager

Hmm, try updating your app @goblin! You should have this since you've been a part of the community for so long Smiley Happy

Level 9

@Mj_206 Yep, I reinstalled the app. Looks like opening the app twice did the trick. Thanks!

Level 3

I don’t see it and tried to update. ☹️

Community Manager

Interesting @Munchie171  - sorry for the inconvenience. It looks like you were a part of the community already when I gave the product team the list of users to enable this for, so you *should* have it already. I'll be sure to update this once it is available for all Smiley Happy

Level 3

Something is very wrong with my app. I don’t have the shipping option unless I delete and reinstall and then it is only active for a couple hours. And no matter what I do, there is no personal link option. I am so sad that nothing works for me. 😢

Level 3

Is there any help for those of us whose app just doesn’t work no matter what we do?  Deleting the app and reinstalling, then updating and shipping is still there for a couple hours.. I should have the new personal link, but I don’t. I have contacted OfferUp and haven’t heard back from them. What do we do? ☹️😢

Level 9

I made mine. I’m really excited to try it with friends and family. I typed it in Firefox and it took me right to me. LOL! This is Great.

Level 1

I couldn’t find that option in my profile???

Level 2

Can't do a link either...

Level 3

How come nothing is being done for those of us that should have it and don’t?  There must be a answer. Seems to be a problem with that and the shipping option. Who is having problems?  Just apple users or android?  I use 2 different iPads and a iPhone. 

Level 9

Was told it’s just coming out. Will be available to everyone soon. Hang in there. It’s coming.

Level 3

I am very patient. I was told I was on the list to get it. My app is having a problem with shipping and this new option. I bet when it rolls out to everyone, I still will not have it, along with the countless others that are having a unknown problem with the app. ☹️😢

Level 9

@Munchie171  Hopefully all and any bugs are worked out. I’m glad your patient. Hope your problems are worked out. Who is helping you? 

Level 3

I have contacted customer service support but that was days ago. I am not optimistic about it. ☹️😢

Level 9

I’m just like you. I don’t make decisions on OfferUp but I know someone who mite be able to help you . Mj_206. You can contact her and see if she can help.

Community Manager

@Munchie171  @Kurrbz210 @DPatterson73 - as I stated before, if you weren't registered here on these forums before March 1st, you will have to wait until this is released to the general public. We released this to active Community Forum members as a thank you for being a part of this online community. As it looks like you have all registered after March 1st, you will have to wait until this is released to everyone, as stated above a couple times.

Level 3

Interesting, I joined before the 1st and was even told I was on the list submitted by you. I joined the middle of February. I am just trying to get answers to why some of us are having such a hard time with our apps concerning this and shipping. I am aware of how many times you have mentioned the 1st of March, but that does not pertain to me. 😊☹️

Community Manager

@Munchie171 go ahead and try now! Fully log out and log back in after checking for an app update. It should be there now!

Level 1

I'm able to set up my personal link now but have no idea what I want to have as a store name...lol

Level 3

It is there now. Thank you 

Community Manager

That's great news, @Munchie171!! Happy that you got it all figured out. 

Get those names picked fast! This is going live to all members Smiley Very Happy 

I grabbed my link! Thank you 

https://offerup.co/profile/steve

Level 1

Yay! 🤩 I got my link. https://offerup.co/profile/niesespatchkids

Level 9

@Mj_206  This is getting everyone excited. Looks like this is the next best thing. I’m glad it’s taking off this fast. I’ll be visiting family in NC next week. I plan on giving out my link. We go to flea markets when we visit. Should be very fun. Also, maybe OfferUp will get even more people joining. 

Level 9

I set mine up as soon as I saw it. Wanted to see it work. Love it. https://offerup.co/profile/jones68

Level 2

Here is my custom profile link

https://offerup.co/profile/reanimationrecords

Community Helper

So Fun @Mj_206!

Mainly post FREE on the weekends...

https://offerup.co/profile/remembrance

Following those active in the Community!

Community Helper
Community Helper

Welcome @Oochiwali

You are encouraged to share your new "Personalized OfferUp Profile Link" on this post!

In addition, your particular subject/post is prohibited per OfferUps' TOS/Guidelines.

Level 9

@REMEMBRANCE  I handed out my link to about 30 some people. A lot of people in my neighborhood are looking for stuff on sale. I told them to check out OfferUp. A lot of things for sale. Just type in what your looking for. Hope some of them do just that. Almost like a business card. Guess I’ll see what happens. They talk to me all the time. I’m hoping for feedback from them.