Personalized OfferUp Profile Links

Community Manager

Starting today, you can create and personalize your own OfferUp URL! This feature will let buyers find you faster and easier, which will hopefully translate to more cash in your pocket. If you remember, we made changes to our users’ profiles about a year ago to help build trust between buyers and sellers and here’s another way we’re supporting that  - we’re so excited! These personalized profile links will be first come, first serve, so be sure to lock down your personalized URL as soon as possible. Be careful of any typos - once the personalized URL is set, it will be yours forever.

Custom Profile Links.png

Creating a personalized URL only takes three easy steps, as pictured below. It’s as simple as navigating to your user profile, selecting “Custom profile link” and type in whatever you’d like to be identified as on OfferUp! Keep in mind, however, that we won’t allow names that include profanity or anything inappropriate.

Create your profile link.png

Excited to choose your name? I know I am! I’ll be more creative than “Mj_206” with my personalized URL. Since I mostly sell makeup, I think I might use “MjsMakeUp” because not only is it cute and fun, but it also lets others know what I mostly sell! So, my direct link would look like offerup.com/profile/MjsMakeUp Smiley Very Happy 💄Once I have my personalized URL, I’ll be able to market my profile even better, post my link on my social accounts, and sell-sell-sell! What are you going to set your personalized URL to?

Note - profile links are allowed to be posted in the comments for this blog. 

70 Comments
Level 4

I got my personalized OfferUp shop link. I like it. Good idea!

Thanks OfferUp! Heart

Level 9

@SherylR  congrats on the link!  Have fun and much luck!

Level 4

I thought I shared my link, but don’t see it. https://offerup.co/profile/ringsandthings

Level 1

IF YOU SAMEEEEEELLLLLL....WHAT DA ROCK....IS COOKIN’

Level 9

@derailvevo  Have to Love the ROCK! 

So .. this is great and exciting ... 

but when is offer up investiong in their customer service department? They are very quick at charging their fees and taking their cut out of our inventory ..but not quick or mindful to respond to their customers . 

My OFFER UP fraud STORY

read it so it doesnt happen to you.

Okay , so on April 19 th a buyer contacting me about my item and bought it through the offer up shippinent . I was a bit skeptical about offer up shipping but I said “hey let me give it a try ”offer up “SEEMS” legit. Long story short I accepted the transaction and followed offer up’s Instruction to mail out the package within three business days . I went to the post office and sent it , writhin minutes of me dropping off the package the BUYER DEACTIVATED their account. I have SENT OFFER UO over 15 EMAILS . NO one has cared to reach out all they sent me is an automated message. The money says “pending” but how would I get payed if the person cancelled their app ? As my package is on the way to them .

Community Member

My customized link not working 

https://offerup.co/profile/albosavings

Community Helper

Welcome @Siaya!

Hmm... just tapped on your Custom Profile Link and it took me directly to your OfferUp app profile.

Congrats! GLTU!

Ciao´ for now... Smiley Happy

Level 9

So true. It took me there to. Just chiming in. 

Why would i want to use this site? They collected my social..my copy of dl etc to ship something then they charged over 20% in fees with exobant shipping then it took 1 week to go ftom SD CA to LA CA lol.  Nightmare site . today they are blocking my messages asking for phone number lol mid transaction.  

Level 9

@Ychooseofferup   If you’re being blocked it mite have something to do with your language. Glad you sold your item. You got the price you wanted. Yes there is a price for shipping. OfferUp isn’t going to do it for free. Nothing in life is free. Good luck to you and hope you sell and buy more.

Custom Profile Links.png

Neighbor
Level 9

I was finally was able to get the upgraded app and get my personal profile link its https://offerup.co/profile/chrisscreations

Thats the name of my custom furniture building and repair business that I have. Looking forward to putting this link on my business cards! Only thing to do now is sit back and watch the costumers come pouring in!

Level 9

Great Chris! Just saved it. Took me right to your link. 

Level 1

Well 

I have followed  tips, I've made offers. Wanted to pay full price.... But out of 3-4  different instances,  what I have found out is this site needs to find a way to make any item posted,  should have to be responded to, Removed,  or something, in a timely manner. Cause all I've done is waste my time and have not even made contact with a human being since joining.... Its like a whole lot of Facebook markets that post something then u never hear nothing back. Its a shame,  I guess eBay will always  be top dog.. This is a site setup to run itself but wow it ain't working 

Level 9

@Mikwil10   Sorry to hear that you have had a bad experience. I’ve had some myself. For the most part I do ok. Don’t know why you’re having problems but it’s sad to hear. I wouldn’t give up. I hear from the people I contact. Some right away some hours later. I check a few times a day. I understand the lag. Some people check less than others. They are working or have family so they check less than others. I’ve had no shows and no reply to. I just move on to the next person. Buying and selling isn’t as easy as most think. I’ve had the same experience from eBay also. It takes patience and a lot of it. Hope you have a better experience no matter where you go. Good luck and hope you find what your looking for.

So excited to use url. We need a multime platform share button to other social media platforms!  Then this would be perfect! 

@Mj_206 wrote:

Starting today, you can create and personalize your own OfferUp URL! This feature will let buyers find you faster and easier, which will hopefully translate to more cash in your pocket. If you remember, we made changes to our users’ profiles about a year ago to help build trust between buyers and sellers and here’s another way we’re supporting that  - we’re so excited! These personalized profile links will be first come, first serve, so be sure to lock down your personalized URL as soon as possible. Be careful of any typos - once the personalized URL is set, it will be yours forever.

Custom Profile Links.png

Creating a personalized URL only takes three easy steps, as pictured below. It’s as simple as navigating to your user profile, selecting “Custom profile link” and type in whatever you’d like to be identified as on OfferUp! Keep in mind, however, that we won’t allow names that include profanity or anything inappropriate.

Excited to choose your name? I know I am! I’ll be more creative than “Mj_206” with my personalized URL. Since I mostly sell makeup, I think I might use “MjsMakeUp” because not only is it cute and fun, but it also lets others know what I mostly sell! So, my direct link would look like offerup.com/profile/MjsMakeUp Smiley Very Happy 💄Once I have my personalized URL, I’ll be able to market my profile even better, post my link on my social accounts, and sell-sell-sell! What are you going to set your personalized URL to?

Note - profile links are allowed to be posted in the comments for this blog. 

Level 1

This is a great feature.  I named mine after my business LLC name, JaDorezDesignz so I can quickly and easily refer my customers from other platforms! 

Hello 

It’s my first time here.

im selling my kids Brio / Thomas wooden train , tracks etc,,, in a great shape !!!! 

We’re e moving far, 

I’m selling the amazing collection I bought for the past 3 years.

photos will start to appear on OfferUp

Thank you

Community Member

Hi everyone...sooo excited to have created my profile link.....milliesgems! Be sure to check out the great bargains I have posted. All reasonable offers will be considered, so go ahead and make me an offer on any of the 300+ items I have listed.