You just found the perfect red dress on OfferUp, and the seller accepts your offer. Now it’s time to decide on a place to meet. You can use ourmeeting location featureto suggest any location you may feel comfortable meeting with the other party! You can even discover one of ourCommunity MeetUp Spotsnear you in the map view. This feature is automatically built into our in-app messaging system and is super easy and convenient to use
Steps on how to use this new feature are below:
Suggest a specific place to meet
1. Tap the chat icon and open your messages with the person you’ll be meeting.
2. Tap the location icon at the bottom of the screen to pick a location. You'll see a map centered on where you are.
4. To search, tap the search field and type a business name or street address. Any recommended spots will be highlighted.
5. Select the location you prefer, then tapSend.
6. Both of you will get a link to the location in your messages. TapView Mapto see details.
Tips for the meeting Meet at a well-lit, public location with lots of people around, like a cafe, shopping mall or police station. If you're buying a large item, bring a friend to help lift it. When leaving for your location, use OfferUp messages to tell the other person you're on your way. If you're running late, let the other person know.
We’re really excited about this Have you used this feature yet? If so, we’d love to hear your feedback! Let us know in the comments below.