TruStories: Joy

OfferUp employee

In light of the holiday season, we wanted to share Joy's story with everyone. Below is her story of how she used OfferUp to make her daughter's Christmas wish come true! Smiley Happy 

Screen Shot 2017-12-19 at 4.17.09 PM.png

"I discovered OfferUp from a friend who just happened to come across it by accident one day and found some amazing finds for her little boy. Well with me being someone who loves a good deal I was curious about this new app. So I downloaded it and gave it a try and decided I would put some things I had been meaning to sell up on the site and see what would happen. It was a slow start for me but eventually, people would message about things I had for sale and it was so easy to get my stuff up and sold.

Screen Shot 2017-12-19 at 4.18.02 PM.png

This past holiday season my little girl asked for an expensive dollhouse for Christmas. She has wanted one now for well over a year so I figured I had to get her one no matter what. I let her look online to pick one out and let's just say she picked out one that was well over $200. I just about fainted. So I saved and saved, and finally had the money to spend it on a 4ft tall all-wood dollhouse. I decided to check OfferUp to see if anyone by chance might be selling something similar. It must have been fate because the night before I was going to order a new one, I found the exact same one being sold just 20 minutes from where I live.

Screen Shot 2017-12-19 at 4.19.22 PM.png

I jumped out of my seat and messaged the person selling it asking if I could pick it up. I felt like I had just won the lottery with that find!  I only paid $45 for a dollhouse that was well over $200 brand new. I will never forget how my daughter's face lit up when she saw it in the living room all set up and with white Christmas lights on the roof of the house. I will remember the look on her face for the rest of my life. Thank you OfferUp for helping me make my little girl's Christmas wish come true!"

Screen Shot 2017-12-19 at 4.20.32 PM.png

Do you have any magical stories you'd like to share with us? Make sure to share them in the comments below. Happy holidays everyone! 

19 Comments
Level 3

Awesome 

OfferUp employee

@JustJen It is pretty awesome, isn't it? Smiley Happy

That’s cool

Neighbor

Awesome 

Neighbor

Great things happen thanks to offer up

Level 1

That sent chills all over my body.  That is such a good share. Im new to offer up,  needing to make some extra money and have decided to try offer up,  wasn't sure about it at first,  but I'm going to give it a shot!!! Your daughter is just precious!!!!

Level 1

Wow amazing story...

Level 1

#TrulyBlessed #mommylife #imNotCheapimFrugal 

Thank you for sharing your special memory..thanks to Offerup I have many similar moments. Offerup is the gift that keeps on giving. Best wishes on many more!

Level 3

Good history and reflection 

Yesterday i traded two real live unicorns for a magic wand. What you don't believe me? It happened ask my mom!!!

i traded two real live unicorns for a magic wand. What you don't believe me? It happened ask my mom!!!Heart

Captain

So very inspiring. I love to hear positive things. When something improves lives and brings hope, joy, and people closer together there is something special going on. I am grateful for Offer Up and the benefits it offers. Keep up the great work Offer Up!!!

Level 1

that is awesome Heart

OfferUp employee

@CaptWizardNinja @Crates1980 Lol, what in the world is with the unicorn story??

OfferUp employee
Level 1

Smiley Wink 

Level 3

Really?

Level 1

♥️Love this story♥️

L11
Level 9

@Elin 

Took me awhile to find this. Fantastic deal. Beautiful story. @L11