Welcome to the OfferUp Online Community

OfferUp employee

GettyImages-576798821.jpg

Hi everyone!

You will see three different sections on the homepage of the online community. The three sections are: Explore the Blog, Announcements, Discussion forums.

Explore the Blog will take you to four different parts. In Announcements you will be able to hear about exciting news we have coming up, the behind-the-scenes fun we may have, trending topics that are happening inside the online community, and much more. Features will give you an in depth look at what we have coming out so you can use them to your full potential. TruStories will highlight members of the community selected by us based on the stories they share as to how OfferUp has helped change their life. Tips will feature educational tips pulled from the forums featuring fellow community members, as well as a guest post here or there.

The Discussion forums are also broken down into four parts, with each part having its own section.

In Get Started, you will find our fun incentives you can earn like Badges and Ranks while you’re in the community, Community Guidelines, places to leave suggestions either to offer feedback, ideas, help and more. If you’re the type of OfferUp member who has great tips that you find you always tell your friends or family, post them in the Pro Tips forum! As you’ve read about above, we will be highlighting those community members who leave great tips for our Tips section in the blog. Local Connections is a place where you can get to know other OfferUp sellers who share your interests or your neighborhood, so you can connect on common ground. Lastly, if you are an entrepreneur who is doing incredible things with OfferUp, or if you’re the type of person who wants to learn how to start a business with us, Business Advice is the place to be. 

All in all, we can’t wait to see you and connect with you. If you see us, come say hi! Have fun connecting, exploring, and sharing!

43 Comments

Can you make your add national ???

OfferUp employee

@hait54 Hi! Which ad are you referring to? Smiley Happy

Captain

Why am I getting responses from another state and I'm listed in Corydon Indiana on profile,thanks.dublin Ohio  is contacting me

Captain

Operator error somehow I listed it in ohio.ooops

OfferUp employee

@Bruce1 Hey Smiley Happy glad you were able to find the cause! 

I cant receive any notification o dont know why someone can help

OfferUp employee

@Djaguilar Hey there, make sure you check out this page here to see if this helps. If not, all tech issues should be sent to our team here. Please let me know if you have any other questions!

Level 3

🤓🖖

Neighbor

Hi I'm new to this and I was wondering if it was appropriate forum for me to give the community a heads up about essentially what I think could be a scam with vehicles I can attach a photo later on if needed. but I really want the community to know that this 99% sure is a scam. 

OfferUp employee

@AllMixedUp While we want to steer clear from calling out specific people in the forums, I think a "How to be safe from scammers" post, or a "what to watch out for" would be very helpful!

Neighbor

Thanks

Smiley Happy Smiley Indifferent Smiley Mad Smiley Sad Smiley Surprised

I love this app

OfferUp employee

@JD87 Smiley Very Happy

Level 3

When are you going to have an app for ipad?

OfferUp employee

@Freshstart Hey there! Make sure you search our Help Center for info and contact our Customer Support team so they can help you as soon as they can. Right here

K_
Community Member

Ok I need offerup community. How Can I get it?

@Elin wrote:

Hi everyone!

You will see three different sections on the homepage of the online community. The three sections are: Explore the Blog, Announcements, Discussion forums.

Explore the Blog will take you to four different parts. In Announcements you will be able to hear about exciting news we have coming up, the behind-the-scenes fun we may have, trending topics that are happening inside the online community, and much more. Features will give you an in depth look at what we have coming out so you can use them to your full potential. TruStories will highlight members of the community selected by us based on the stories they share as to how OfferUp has helped change their life. Tips will feature educational tips pulled from the forums featuring fellow community members, as well as a guest post here or there.

The Discussion forums are also broken down into four parts, with each part having its own section.

In Get Started, you will find our fun incentives you can earn like Badges and Ranks while you’re in the community, Community Guidelines, places to leave suggestions either to offer feedback, ideas, help and more. If you’re the type of OfferUp member who has great tips that you find you always tell your friends or family, post them in the Pro Tips forum! As you’ve read about above, we will be highlighting those community members who leave great tips for our Tips section in the blog. Local Connections is a place where you can get to know other OfferUp sellers who share your interests or your neighborhood, so you can connect on common ground. Lastly, if you are an entrepreneur who is doing incredible things with OfferUp, or if you’re the type of person who wants to learn how to start a business with us, Business Advice is the place to be. 

All in all, we can’t wait to see you and connect with you. If you see us, come say hi! Have fun connecting, exploring, and sharing!

OfferUp employee

Hey @K_, you are already in it! This is the Blog, and then we have the Discussion forums where you'll find the Get Started, Pro Tips, Local Connections, and Business Advice forums. All can be found here. Go ahead and click on each one and explore! 

Level 1

Hello

I just wanted to say that this has been a great site to sale Item's!!! There are many other similar one's although this is the one I recommend to other's.

Since joined I have sold and bought many things from electronics to car'sSmiley Happy

I have only had 2 bad expirence of which was from buyer's not reading entire post...My post may be long but that is because I make sure well detailed of which I think is very important!!!

Thanks to all who have made this A 100% siteSmiley HappySmiley HappySmiley Happy

Neighbor

Hello. I have been posting for several months now I've had a few sales from this platform iOffer many many items ranging from antiques to Vintage items to handcrafted items that I personally make art that I personally make to gently use no longer needed items I have a lot of items right now that would make great Christmas presents. And I would like to ask people to please take a look at my page and see what you may be interested in people who purchase multiple items will get discounts and if you're not local shipping is available. Thank you very much

Level 9

Loving it so far

Got my headlights restored and the job was bad bad bad. Now the guy has a dumb reason why? But he has the $$$ and now it’s a done deal my problem!!!😡 be careful on this OfferUp you will get taken!!!

OfferUp employee

@Russell6624 I'm so sorry about the experience you had. Make sure to report them through the app so our Trust & Safety team can look into their account.

OfferUp employee

@NiceGuy We have one! 

Level 1

I love the badges

Hello there all hope everyone happy with this app I’m new on it and so far seem good app 

OfferUp employee

Welcome @Jerusalem123!! So happy you're here with us Smiley Happy Make sure to check out the blog and the forums to read and connect with other members of the community, and to let us know if you have any questions. 

Neighbor

Hello!

Captain

Why are buyers offering to buy and they cancel when to have confirmed time a date to pick up? It’s happened quite a bit. 

Level 7

Why isnt tge "announcements" area being used to tell us about whats new in each update that i seem to be getting daily? I expected this area to have that info so im not constantly guessing ax to what has been changed and how to use those adfitional features. There doesnt serm to be snything that tells people exactly how to use the app and what each ipdate brings specificslly new features.

The titles posted here in the forums are very misdleading in their content?

OfferUp employee

@zinda This is the Announcement blog for all Online Community-related content, not necessarily the app itself. We put new features and how to use them on the app in the Features part of the blog. 

Captain

This has been a good experience all the people I've dealt with it so far have been very pleasant and sociable if I was grading OfferUp up I'd give it an A

OfferUp employee

Thanks @UncleJohnUJ that's super sweet Smiley Happy Glad you're having fun and enjoying yourself! 

Neighbor

Right on!

Level 1

Thank you all for welcoming me. 

Community Manager

We're happy to have you here, @Amerika80Heart

Level 1

Thank you glad to be here 

Neighbor

Offer up is just an amazing app, it is very resourceful and the people that one gets to meet are just great in general. Is there any offer up merchandise ornstickers?

Please stop and read. My name is sheri. Please open link and read god bless

https://www.gofundme.com/p2nc5t-buddy&rcid=r01-15369540644-340c2f2934f246f1&pc=ot_co_campmgmt_m

Community Member

How do we get a suggestion to the Offerup programmers? The new hold feature is a good idea but it would be better on the seller side to have a time specific hold button. IE: 1 hour hold, 2 hour, 24 hour. Not on the the buyer side but on the seller side. And a “release hold” button. For the people that no show. 

Community Helper

@Onlineyardsale Welcome to the OfferUp Community forum,

Onlineyardsale Right here I’ll also be glad to add this to my feedback list, the OfferUp team is always listening to their members ideas. Sometimes I’ve even see members ideas showing up in testing new features and even some actually show up in the live app. Thanks for sharing.

Ok well I think that a lot on people of offer up do not quite understand the true meaning of the app in itself. The whole point is to offer a offer you can offerd and the person deli g the item shouldn’t get mad at someone for the fact that they feel there offer was to low and that they then have the right to insult that person and act like a 3 year old and go back and forth arguing with a person who did what the site was created for to offer a price for USED items. If I wanted to pay retail price well then I would drive to the store and purchase a brand new it the. Where I knew it worked with no issues. All they have to say is no Thankyou or offer a price they would take and then the other person can say yes or no. Many people don’t like my offers. They say I’m trying to low ball them and that’s far from the truth. I have met many people who go way down on price cuz they want the item just gone and are willing to take whatever when some people are not willing to but I always got to try becaus I have not a high income and a lot of mouths to feed so some of us are not fortunate like others and since that’s my issue I gotta six the. Not ask cuz you never know. But then to keep being ridiculed and made me feel lower than I already do to be made fun of because I don’t have a lot of money to be is very ignorant and childish and it saddens me because I rather go yardsaleibg and garage sale if the. Do offer up. Which I was suppose to be under impression I thought this was yarxsaleibg online the only issue is I have to drive to multiple different paces when at a yard sale I get cheaper items all in the same place and paying prices from people who get furniture for real cheap and then greedily take those good deals and up them by 3rimes what they paid and flipping it and purposely going high to **bleep** people so they can make a bigger buck when someone profanely was kind and gave them a deal thinking they were helping them instead they scammed them and to me are very selfish and give people who really need a good deal who genuinely need that item at a low cost a bad name! So that’s my rant for the night! I promise it’s over!! Lol but I had to get that off my chest for real!!