10 ways & ideas to make OfferUp Better

SOLVED
Highlighted
I think we need to suspend peoples accounts that are a NO SHOW
Level 1
I wish they will let u ship items that’s more than $500 it won’t even pull that option up but other apps Limits are 2,500
Tags (1)
You must be selling some expensive things myfriend!
Definently need to be able to rate flakers..I waited on a lady for three hours (when offerup first started)..no show. Incredibly annoying.
We NEED TO BE ABLE TO SEE ASAP THE RATINGS FOR THE PEOPLE WHO ARE THE LOWBALLERS NO SHOWS TROLLS ECT FIRST HAND!!! ITS JUST NOT RIGHT NOT KNOWING RIGHT AWAY TO AVOID THESE WASTE OF DAM TIME PEOPLE !!!! CAUSE REPORTING SOMEONE IS A JOKE AND THEY JUST MAKE UP A NEW PROFILE SERIOUSLY ITS GETTING TO BE A HASSEL JUST DEALING WITH THESE FREAKS ANYMORE !!! SMH
You can do that. Just go to the persons profile and report them and select the reason or state the issue and Offer Up is pretty good about taking that into account. I’ve had people cuss me out and be rude after I waited for them for long periods of time. It doesn’t do much but let’s others know how accountable that individual is.
This is very true. Seeing reviews on people and why they were rated low is key...the issue if Offer Up doesn’t demand or require and ID to sign up. Maybe they should require a one time $1 dollar fee so folks are forced to use a debit card, once it’s flagged, they’re blocked form that point on. It won’t stop it but it will help a ton!
Community Helper
Welcome to the Community forums
@Clos81
_________
So nice to have a new member jump right in and offer suggestions to improve. Glad to have you aboard! Ciao´ for now... Smiley Happy
@Close81 Your suggestion is definitely a good way to cut down on repetitive flakes & I believe it would do just that. However, there are still many places in the US (small towns like the unincorporated one I live in) that haven't conformed to the trend epedimic. Many of us including myself do not have , have never had nor want credit cards and some not even bank cards and accounts. Being content dealing strictly in cash. There are enough factual reasons to write a book and equally argue those reasons, I'll spare you & I won't go into it here. Nevertheless, pushing credit card owning by making it a requirement to use the selling platform would not only detour irresponsible people (flakes) but would also detour/punish community members that are in every way compliant, responsible, respectful, and a contributing asset to the platform... not to mention long time faithful supporting members. Makes me miss those days when a mans word was equal to his worth, if his word was worthless so was he and was treated accordingly & every Tom **bleep** & Harry knew about them. Being astrosized by ones community has incredible effects on ones undesirable crude behaviors. Smiley Happy
Level 1

Maybe don't suspend them, but if there's not already a way to indicate they are late or a no show, add the functionality. That way a seller can see how many times they were late or didn't show before selling to them. If there was a way to indicate a buyer or seller were late, you'd also need to be able to indicate how late they were.