Buyer wants to return item

Level 1
So I sold a blender to a guy who said he was going to use it for his business. I informed him that the blender was a commercial grade blender (Blendtec) but that I have owner it for a occupied years, wife rarely used it (smoothies).

Seller buys the blender and then in a couple days, he says he wants to return it because it leaks. We tested it out before he purchased (not with fluid) but now he is mad. I don’t know what to say to him because my wife and I know it worked fine and I can’t trust that he didn’t brake or switched parts out of it, as it is an expensive blender. My regret is that I has him come to my house, so he knows where we live and I don’t want a broken blender back. Please help.
4 REPLIES 4
Community Helper
If it was done locally, it is up to you if you want to return it. You can tell him all sales final as he had time to thoroughly inspect it before he left.
Level 1
Thank you for our reply. Yes, I have purchased off of OfferUp before and that was my general understanding, look it over, test it out and pay. I am just concerned as I don’t like some guy showing up to my house angree, especially if my wife is home alone. I just figured that since I needed to test the blender when I sold it, my house was the most appropriate place. Makes me not want to bother selling on OfferUp.
Community Helper
If he shows up at your house, call the cops. He will be trespassing at that point if you tell him that he is not allowed on your property and that all sales are final.
Level 1
Well, let’s hope it doesn’t come to that. I wish I could have avoided the whole situation. Live and learn. Thank you!