Conversation disappearing

Highlighted

Hello everyone! First post here, I recently bought a couple of Lego Sets on offerup, everything seemed normal, the price wasn't too good to be true, the buyer seemed legit at the time, although recently their star reviews have nosedived, and when I opened the seemingly sealed package, I found that the item was very much not what I ordered, and that I have been the victim of a scam. I want to report the seller, or message them to try and get my money back, but our entire conversation has dissappeared from the site, and I suspect I have been blocked. This is infuriating to me, as it seems that the scammer is using seller protection to avoid consequences for their scam, and without our conversation history, I have no proof to press charges or try and get my money back, and offerup doesn't seem to offer any protection unless you buy and ship through them. Is there any protection against this, and any recourse I can take, to, if nothing else, get back the message history? Thank you everyone!

1 REPLY 1
Community Helper
Welcome to the OU Community!
@BrickCypher