Customer Service?

Level 1
Still waiting on “TruYou” verification which as seller I’m trying to work with is requiring of me.

Going to miss out on the deal because the turn around is so slow, and because apparently OfferUp’s customer service is MIA which tons of posts on this forum seem to verify.

Not only that but I’m reading all these horror stories about scammers and refunds not being provided while OfferUp never responds...

Has anyone had a positive experience here? Man, I am wigged out and thinking I’ll just stick to eBay. PayPal has never done me wrong and the customer service response is always immediate, 24/7...
8 REPLIES 8
Community Helper
I would try to find a different seller while you try to get TruYou to work. If you haven't already, contact support. https://offerup.com/support/new/
Level 1
I’ve already contacted customer service, indicated above. What is frustrating is the lack of timely response.

And no one else is selling the item, so that isn’t a viable solution.

Having my TruYou badge “activated” would have been. But now I’m afraid my drivers license is just floating around somewhere in cyberspace and who knows who has it... the “we don’t even store it in our database” thing isn’t that comforting.
Community Helper
As I suggested, look for another seller for the item you are looking to buy. If it isnt an expensive item, you shouldn't have to do TruYou and it's just that seller requiring you to be TruYou verified. I say move onto the next seller. I dont require my buyers to be TruYou verified when they buy from me. If they have to be, Offerup will let them know, and I won't.
Level 1
It’s the only one on OfferUp.

What I want to know is when I can expect my TruYou badge to be up. It shows up some of the time and disappears. And this guy says he can’t see it...

Still no email confirming my drivers license was accepted...
Community Helper
Email Customer Service back on the email they sent you. They're pretty swamped right now anyways with other issues than someone's TruYou. They are working on getting people paid and refunded from shipping. I am sorry this happened to you, but maybe you could explain to the seller that it's taking a while to get it done.
Level 1
I have. He’s being kind of pompous about it tbh. And I’m like dude take my money! It’s ridiculous. I’m not here to scam anyone...
Highlighted
Level 1
I’d add that it isn’t my fault this company’s customer service is over-exerted. That sounds like oversight to me, I shouldn’t be being told my an employee of the company my issue isn’t that important. Even if it isn’t getting people refunds.
Community Helper
I understand, but I would just move on. Obviously this item isnt worth fighting with a seller. Is the seller TruYou verified? If he isnt, he shouldn't be requiring you to be TruYou verified. I'm not an employee, just an end user.