Dont give/ask for phone numbers!

Level 3
I dont want to be rude to this young man but he messaged me thanking me and then saying it's hard sometimes cause people dont reply to him again. ???? I rather not respond back. I dont have anything to say to him since time and place have been set. Any advice?
Level 9
It doesn't really require a reply, it sounds like he is just grateful you are willing to schedule a purchase. It sounds like sellers may just not respond to his inquiries to purchase. He may just have manners 😁
Level 3
Thanks for the response I appreciate that.
Level 3
Really nice young man. Very polite you are correct. He told me people flake and dont show up. That's rude. If they change their mind just say so and not leave people hanging.
Level 9
@Janet10 sold glad to hear that it was a pleasant transaction for both of you. Cheers to more happy sales!
Level 5

i ask because i do not have a smart phone.  i use my home computer to shop. i have no ability to use the app in the street.  

i get paranoia.  i AM paranoia. i have had people not sell to me because i asked.  they lost the sale.  Right now, i asked a seller for her number because my friend who is not on the app is picking the item up for me, she has her newborn with her and wants the seller to come out to her car. 

i also ask people for X-streets. i hate this O-Up map.  sellers get paranoid about that too which to me is simply insane.  they lost a sale.  the seller wants me to message b4 i come assuming that i can map from the car so they will not send me the address the night before.  i cannot message from my car, they lost the sale.  

i offer this info to the seller but the seller could also ask. obviously sometimes this still fails and ultimately the seller lost my business.  

Level 9
I had a buyer like this recently. This is an app. The ability to buy and sell comes down to that. My buyer was very sweet, but I did hesitate initially. She also did not have a vehicle. It took a few weeks for the meet up to happen. The seller is following the guidelines, so your view is askewd a bit. The seller didn't lose a sale, you lost the ability to purchase on an app that has clear rules about sharing info for safety. Whatever the reason for not using the app, the full website is available on your phone as well to message and receive messages. If you are intent on using offer up maybe have a friend use their phone on your behalf and BE THERE AT THE MEETUP. If I were asked to sell to a third party with all of the other "issues" as well, I would decline. As should every seller.
Level 1
I just did this person said he's very interested and would like my cell phone number !
Of course I told him I don't feel comfortable giving my number that I would meeting him at a certain place .
What if the buyer accidentally gave out a phone number?
I mean what if the seller accidentally gave out phone number, upon the buyer's request?