Dont give/ask for phone numbers!

BKG
I don't understand how giving a phone number to someone is threatening. Unless they'll use it to spam you. But there are free phone blocking apps out there. Much ado about nothing. If the product you're selling is located in your home. Do you give wrong address? One of those things, you take precautions when you plan to meet strangers. Invite a friend or relatives if you're not comfortable. Or move items to a business location like a store.
I have had four different what I thought would be potential buyers ask if the item is still available we exchanged a few texts finally they ask for a phone number or they told me it's for somebody else and give me a phone number to text them because they allegedly do not know how to use the app once you doing so giving me a number I get a text and they asked me if they can pay with a cashier's check or a personal check and that they will pay upfront then they will wait for me to ship it after it clears but here's the catch just because you deposit a check and it has cleared that's just temporary once they find out it was a fraudulent check they will void it and you will get a fee from your bank for a bounced check by that time you had already done sent out the item and now you are a victim to internet fraud you lost out on your item you were trying to sell and you are stuck with a fee from your bank I think that the people or person does not want to make illegal fraudulent deals on a website that is I'm sure being recorded and monitored that can be traced back to them through an IP address so they use a phone that is not directly connected to them so be careful do not give out your phone number and do not accept any personal checks or cashier's checks I was not a victim I knew something was fishy when they said if they can pay upfront for the product I mean who's going to pay for something that they don't have or might not receive only accept cash zelle PayPal or any type of cash app