First time experience on OfferUp leaves me bewildered.?

SOLVED
I put our 04 Chevy Trailblazer on here for 750 bucks and get two nibbles. Then the third one seemed to pull the bobber plum under. I'm thinking hey this site is the SHIrT ! . Right ? NOT . At least not yet anyway. Because now I'm sitting here a week later with a bougus cashier's check for 2750 this idiot actually thought I would try to deposit. And wasted my valuable time. I'm talking with a deputy prosecutor Monday about options of finding this **bleep** because it could have been my money gone had it not been do obvious. Is this normal on here ?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Thank you so much for your time and your help. Very much appreciated 👍

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Community Helper
Welcome to the Community forum @islanddweller
in addition to legal services, should assist you in the process. GLTU
Level 4
Did you give them the jeep?
Thank you so much for your time and your help. Very much appreciated 👍

View solution in original post

Na I still have the trailblazer. But sure wasted a lot of time and energy on this crook
Level 3
I have buyers ask me if I will except a money order or cashiers check. I suggest that they get the pre-paid credit cards and purchase through offer up.
Level 4
@islanddweller The good thing is you didn’t fall for his scam and you have a prosecuter working to handle the legal side of this crook low life scum bag I shouldn’t hold back I should say what’s on my mind maybe next time I post but the bad side of this is can’t meet up with this low life and beat him like a piñata. I am happy for you and your actions as not to fall into such a scam. I offer you one of my personal “atta boy”” there no value for them but if you earn enough of them then you have something that you never had before.