Forced into TruYou

SOLVED

I thought TruYou was optional, but why am I now being forced to opt into this to be able to send any messages? I am concerned about identity theft and having a company such as OfferUp with copies of my sensitive information stored in their database. With all the big companies that have been hacked lastly it’s just not something I’m very comfortable with. Is this mandatory now for some reason? Please advise.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Community Helper
@JayJ92 Welcome to the OfferUp Community forum,

JayJ92 If you’re dealing with high value items It could mean you need to verify your ID becoming a TruYou member because OfferUp keeping both members safety when dealing in high value items. Or If you’re trying to make transactions through OfferUp’s cashless payment system, you may also be asked to validate certain personal information. 😎🇬🇧🔚
8 REPLIES 8
I just added a picture and I had access-
Level 9
I am also being forced into TruYou but even though I’m willing to show ID and phone number, it doesn’t let me take a picture and a pop screen says that TruYou process cannot be completed and to try again later.
There is a phishing scam on offer up. Seller is fake and ask you to call or text them for info. Once they get your number, they send you a text saying your offer up account was reported and to click a link to verify it. Offer up does not do this. Do not click the link!!!!
Very stupid in my opinion. I can’t do anything on offerup due to the new FORCED truyou sign up. I should not be forced to sign up for something I don’t want to. I will continue to use Letgo over offerup. Which I recommend you all do. Offerup and their customer service skills are trash! I really dislike this selling app, no one should be forced to do anything especially on an app. ridiculous! I will be expecting offerup to take this down promptly (:
Community Helper
@JayJ92 Welcome to the OfferUp Community forum,

JayJ92 If you’re dealing with high value items It could mean you need to verify your ID becoming a TruYou member because OfferUp keeping both members safety when dealing in high value items. Or If you’re trying to make transactions through OfferUp’s cashless payment system, you may also be asked to validate certain personal information. 😎🇬🇧🔚
Yes offer up needs to be sued
They have made me so stress for over a month I lost so much business with over 100 customers lost
Because I wasn’t able to message them
And I’m forced to upload ID
Or I won’t be able to use the app to message

I’m looking for a attorney to sue offer up for $1 billion this company is a fraud

When you download the app it doesn’t say you are required to upload iD to send even a message to a buyer
Level 1
I'm being forced to sign up for tru you also they tell they'll keep my information safe yet my account has already been hacked and people have tried to sell scam stuff. I don't know of any other site that ask you to take a picture of a valid government ID I can guarantee you these pictures will not be safe and the information you'll read about will be leaked or stolen by third-party hackers