HOW TO MAKE OFFER UP BETTER

Highlighted
Level 8
Hello everyone,

I'd like to share a few ideas on how to make Offer Up a better experience for both sellers and buyers. Feel free to leave comments along with your own ideas. Hopefully our suggestions will be taken into consideration. So I'll start it off with 5 ideas I think many will agree that can make Offer Up much smoother.

1.) ALLOW TO UPLOAD MORE PICS

4 pics is simply not enough. Need at least 10. This will prevent buyers from asking for more pics. I've even seen some posts that have 9 pics, or 12. So why isn't this option available for everyone? I'm only allowed 4. Please fix.

2.) OPTION TO RATE NO SHOWS/FLAKES

Just like we rate a buyer/seller on a star system, with comments. We should be able to rate and review buyers and sellers who vanish as well. Call it "reliability rating". Have it based on a number of factors: being on time, response time, etc. this will help everyone seperate the serious buyers/sellers from the window shoppers/time wasters.

3.) A BETTER HOME BUTTON

Having to press "back" a hundred pages to get to a page is very frustrating. I've lost posts, replies, comments, details, etc. due to this glitch like feature. There should be a centered home button that returns you to the original page. Shouldnt have to scroll up, or press back a hundred times.

3.) HIDE BLOCKED USERS FROM TIMELINE

I'm tired of seeing blocked users still clogging up my timeline, and I'm sure you are too. Just like on any other app, if you block someone, that means you should no longer see their content right?

4.) ALLOW PHONE # EXCHANGES

So we can put our address on here but can't list our phone number to have a better way to contact each other? Makes no sense. Everyone doesn't want to keep opening this app and navigating through a bunch of tabs just to find a message thread to reply. Its very aggravating. Such as when driving and a buyer wants to keep messaging you. Many buyers leave their phone numbers anyway because its easier for them, and everyone doesnt have time to check OfferUp all day. Nor should have to. This is the only app that prohibits exchanging numbers. Very very wack. And many leave to go sell elsewhere because of this.

5.) ALLOW TO UPLOAD PICS IN MESSAGING

If leaving a number to send more pics isnt an option, given the fact that we can only upload 4 pics...then at least allow us to upload more pics inside the messaging thread with buyers. It will speed up the process, and possibly be a better alternative to exchanging numbers.

These are 5 crucial things I feel will take OfferUp to the next level and smash the competition. But OfferUp gotta chill with all these over the top policies and actually make the app more user friendly. Not more of a rubiks cube.

HONORABLE MENTION: FIX DELAYED POSTS

It you post an item at 10am, it shouldn't take an hour for the item to show up in the public timeline. That hour couldve been spent getting views and offers. Sometimes the item doesnt even show at all. Causing sellers to repost the same item again. Then the previous one finally pops up. And now you got a whole page of duplicate posts. Wonderful.

So, that's my 5 ideas (+1) on how to make Offer Up better.

Thoughts?
4 REPLIES 4
Level 8
Would love to hear what ideas and suggestions you guys have as well...
Level 1

Get rid of these ads!! And why are posts from California showing up on my feed. I have my location setbto IL!!

Level 4
Let us remove ads from view in message folder. This is something possible with all apps that I have installed that show ads.
Level 3
I would like to designate meeting places and times I am available to the buyer and have them confirm location and time-slot. That would eliminate a lot of the "scammers" and "no-shows."
I would also like to build a Facebook page for my sales with a business name and use the marketplace alongside offerup.
Another idea- ground delivery (postmates) or offerup reps who charge a transfer fee. Example: pickup a couch with a pickup truck and deliver to an apartment building.
This app has the potential for anything including fulfillment systems. I'm having an office built in my large back yard where I plan to do a lot of business through offerup as my final MBA project. Can a basic income be supplemented enough to quit your day job?
My case- I closed my business when my dad retired last december. I was the CEO of our LLC for a major fast food franchisor. In exchange for allowing me to terminate our contract without paying the estimated royalties for the next 5 years I gave up my social media and online e-commerce platforms.
My wife was terrified about our drop in income. It had not been planned, but to date- I have met all financial responsibilities through offerup- I have made thousands so far and plan to keep going.
Everyone is an entrepreneur.
Tags (1)