Hold for pickup

Level 1
6 REPLIES 6
Level 1
Make an offer by messaging the seller using the ask feature. I am not happy with this new feature and refuse to use it.
Level 1
I know it's ridiculous!! I absolutely dislike this feature and rated down because of it. It's cumbersome and annoying. I should be able to make a straight offer or have the option to hold for pickup.
Level 1
This is retarded. I refuse to use a payment card for this app and now I need to? Who the hell thought of this and made it mandatory? That’s what OFFERING is for. Not obligations to buy right away just in case anything else comes up. A lot of sellers don’t reply right away and there could be multiple listings/offers and you want to see who responds first. Time to leave a review and uninstall this app I guess. I built up a good reputation and now it’s unusable this way. Not everyone wants to use their card.
Level 1
This Hold **bleep** is the dumbest **bleep**ing thing they could have done. Idiots. Who's running (ruining) this circus. I don't want this as a seller or a buyer.
Level 1
I absolutely HATE IT! Why in the world would OfferUp team even add this “feature” and make it DEFAULT with no way of opting out.
Whoever came up with this “BRIGHT IDEA” needs to be written up. I speak for myself, but I’m also sure that many others on here feel the same way too. I’m a serious seller and buyer, I’m not afraid to make an offer on an item and prefer asking the seller if they’ll hold an item and if I change my mind or can’t make, I make sure to communicate with them. The Hold offer is not only a very bad idea, it’s the only option and it’s completely annoying and frustrating!
Would the engineers at OfferUp PLEASE revert back to the Make Offer and Ship options we had before. Thank you and if you’re reading this, everyone else will thank you as well.
Level 1
I completely agree with everyone here. This new feature doesn't fix any of the issues that come with selling online like flakes, it just gives both parties a headache. I can't wait for the offer up team to realize their mistake and get rid of the Hold for Pickup once and for all. If not it's back to Craigslist or any other site for me.